• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Firstgear HT AIR overpants

jbh

Reaction score
First Name
Brad
Last Name
Henderson
I just purchased some on ebay for an unreal price of $70 new. I got them and they look great, no defects. I purchased a 36 waist because I wear a 35 waist in my wranglers and draggin jeans.

Went riding today with just shorts on underneath and it felt great with the airflow. I do think the pants are baggy and they are plenty wide at the end of the legs. So wide that I can lift them up over my knee if I pull them up. If I tighten them up around my leather work boots (not riding boots) I can still pull them up.

Does anyone else have these pants and have the same concern that I do with the pants pulling up? Maybe if I had some different boots that were wider at top this would not happen. I may be able to get a 34 instead but I do not think that will have any difference on the end of the leg.

I would be worried about the armor not staying over the knees if they are baggy.

I have the regular HT Overpants and do not have that problem I tend to have the opposite problem of filling them out a little too much.

I have the HT air's and they have been great for about 5000 miles of commuter use so far. They still look great and are quite waterproof. Unfortunately they are quite baggy. Which is great if your wearing them as overpants, but not so great if your wearing them with shorts on. As far as pulling the legs up while the are cinched down..... I dunno, never tried that.:shrug:

They are pretty good pants though. Quite comfy for trips and easy to get in and out of....

I've worn mine with pants under them and without, Mine are not baggy around the bottom, they fit pretty tight around my boots but they are Sidi onroad touring boots. I just pull the velcro strap tight and off I go.

In fact when I wear my dirt boots they barely zip shut around them.

I was concerned about how loose the Firstgear overpants fit me too (and every other brand of overpants I tried on) so I bought a pair of their Mesh-Tex pants a size too large and wear them over my jeans. They're small enough to tuck in my boots if I zip up the ends, or I can wear them over the boots unzipped.

Back