• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Dual Sport Indeed

hawkman

Forum Supporter
Reaction score
Took the DRZ out for a ride this morning. Nice Weather. I have been riding with the oem tires and only pavement for the break-in period. It seemed to me that the DRZ did not have much power for the street even though I can hit 65 to 70 mph easily. It just feels very mellow. I got home and decided to put the dot bridgestone ed04 and ed03 knobby tires I had in the garage. I took the bike for another ride but this time I decided to do strictly offroad. WOW, what a difference. I realize now that my DRZ has plenty of power and torque for dirt. I love it. I haven't even done any of the mods. I can't wait to get the springs I ordered from Racetech. I am not close to the average wait they spring these bikes for. With 220 lbs. of gerth the bike bottoms out very easily.

Attachments

• 2013-02-02 14.40.28.jpg
    2013-02-02 14.40.28.jpg
    124.3 KB · Views: 244
I can turn my doctor loose on you and he can chew you out for being a fat man like someone else I know ...

If you like how it runs stock, wait till you re jet, do the 3x3 mod, and add a Yoshimura full exhaust. Btw, if you haven't yet, go to Thumper Talk and order their DRZ400 case guards. The cases are easy to break if you fall...the gear and/or brake lever can bend into the case and crack it. It will end your ride right there..and its expensive to fix. Case guards help prevent this.

Good looking bike! I sure miss my DRZ.

drz400.jpg

I ordered the case guards today. this coming week I will receive several items I ordered:

Seat from seat concepts
Race tech fork and shock springs
14 tooth counter shaft sprocket
DRC tail light
Case guards
Heading out of town next week but the bike is going with me. My honda 250x must feel neglected.uploadfromtaptalk1359951727174.jpg

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk 2

Installed the Race Tech springs and took the DRZ out to tune the suspension. The springs make a world of difference. I don't bottom out like I used to. Had to take the compression out and slow down the return with damping. Culebra Creek in San Antonio testing ground.

Attachments

• Culebra2.jpg
    Culebra2.jpg
    63.1 KB · Views: 210
  • Culebra1.jpg
    Culebra1.jpg
    62.8 KB · Views: 197
Installed the Race Tech springs and took the DRZ out to tune the suspension. The springs make a world of difference. I don't bottom out like I used to. Had to take the compression out and slow down the return with damping. Culebra Creek in San Antonio testing ground.

:clap: Springs with the right spring make all the difference. :rider:

Great mods, glad you are enjoying the DRz. I want to talk to you about Culebra Creek Saturday at breakfast.

Couple of months ago I took my DR down to the Rio Grande Valley on a trip home to see the family. Rode through Los Fresnos down muddy Old Port Isabel road and down hwy 48 to the Brownsville ship channel. Had a great time, brought back many memories.
Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk 2

Hit enter by mistake. Any way, I enjoyed the ride so much that
That I took my crf250x this time to rip it up. I unloaded the bike, got dressed and warmed her up. Took off through the sands, mud, and all the mounds that are created from dredging the channel. I was quite a way from my truck when my bike died. I looked down and there was a puddle of gas. It would not stop unless I turned it off. Bike would not start. I ended up walking back to my truck. It is amazing how far you can get from your truck when your having fun. Back home now. I will need to pull the carb. I an guessing float is stuck.

Sent from my SP-D700 using Tapatalk 2

want to save money when working on a DRZ400?? buy your parts from Kawasaki!!! :lol2:

Kawasaki and Suzuki had this bike share deal for a while and Kawasaki sold the DRZ400 as the KLX400 and the exact same parts are cheaper from Kawasaki.

-------------------Suzuki----------------Kawasaki
clutch cover..........$102.66.....................$73.75
carb float needle....$52.47.......................$41.16
stator...................$351.86.....................$267.39
reg/rect................$150.10.....................$108.13
CDI.......................$409.30....................$301.95

as near as I can tell every single part for a DRZ is cheaper when you order KLX parts and other than the color of the plastic they are all the exact same parts.

want to save money when working on a DRZ400?? buy your parts from Kawasaki!!! :lol2:

Kawasaki and Suzuki had this bike share deal for a while and Kawasaki sold the DRZ400 as the KLX400 and the exact same parts are cheaper from Kawasaki.

-------------------Suzuki----------------Kawasaki
clutch cover..........$102.66.....................$73.75
carb float needle....$52.47.......................$41.16
stator...................$351.86.....................$267.39
reg/rect................$150.10.....................$108.13
CDI.......................$409.30....................$301.95

as near as I can tell every single part for a DRZ is cheaper when you order KLX parts and other than the color of the plastic they are all the exact same parts.

Wow! One of the best tips ever for the DRZ. :clap:

Back