• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Classic bikes event

Reaction score
First Name
Thierry
Last Name
Cottin
Despite of the strong cold wind,hundreds of people were there.

Attachments

• SUNDAY RIDE 003.jpg
    SUNDAY RIDE 003.jpg
    73.5 KB · Views: 176
  • SUNDAY RIDE 004.jpg
    SUNDAY RIDE 004.jpg
    76.1 KB · Views: 179
  • SUNDAY RIDE 006.jpg
    SUNDAY RIDE 006.jpg
    73.1 KB · Views: 168
  • SUNDAY RIDE 007.jpg
    SUNDAY RIDE 007.jpg
    34.2 KB · Views: 173
  • SUNDAY RIDE 002.jpg
    SUNDAY RIDE 002.jpg
    62.4 KB · Views: 170

Attachments

• SUNDAY RIDE 011.jpg
    SUNDAY RIDE 011.jpg
    66.3 KB · Views: 163
  • SUNDAY RIDE 010.jpg
    SUNDAY RIDE 010.jpg
    81.4 KB · Views: 165
  • SUNDAY RIDE 008.jpg
    SUNDAY RIDE 008.jpg
    71.4 KB · Views: 169
  • SUNDAY RIDE 012.jpg
    SUNDAY RIDE 012.jpg
    69.3 KB · Views: 161
  • SUNDAY RIDE 001.jpg
    SUNDAY RIDE 001.jpg
    35.2 KB · Views: 164
Everybody on the track!400 bikes!Too many people...110 mph max for me.
And 2 cops were with us...and they can ride really fast!

Attachments

• SUNDAY RIDE 016.jpg
    SUNDAY RIDE 016.jpg
    51.9 KB · Views: 149
  • 0735_HivernaleMJ_2013_Thiebs.jpg
    0735_HivernaleMJ_2013_Thiebs.jpg
    67.4 KB · Views: 156
  • 0839_HivernaleMJ_2013_Thiebs.jpeg
    0839_HivernaleMJ_2013_Thiebs.jpeg
    102.8 KB · Views: 167
Some really nice bikes there!

I like that CB750K; I'm about to start a restoration on one for a client, I downloaded the photo to show him the color scheme.

Thanx.

Yes it was in France last sunday.(so many motorcycles fans here..)
CB750...I'm in love with it!

Wow, am I dreaming or is that one of those Honda inline-six monsters? A rare and amazing bike. Also, what is the other Honda in the first set of pictures? I know it's one of the 4-cylinder Supersport series, but can't make out the engine size. I love the green Honda 350-4. I had a 400-4 many years ago. Honda packed a lot of fun into those inline-4 engines.

What can I say? I love old Hondas.

The very first photo is a 254cc benelli 4 cylinders.Then there is a 1000 CBX honda 6 cylinders which is like brand new,a CB 750,a 1300 z Kawasaki 6 cylinders and a very nice CB 350 4 cylinders.Two months ago a guy came(he had to put it in a van of course)with a 125 Honda 5 cylinders(yes five),a real vintage race bike from the sixties.Guess what?He started the engine...oh my God the sound was insane...16,000 RPM!With five exausts et no mufflers of course my hears were not able to resist,I had to go away.Sunday I rode on the track(what a track!Mythic for us)for the first time in my life.
A good sunday even if I 've got a cold and I'm sick now.

Thierry- I Lived in Bois D'arcy outside of Paris in the 1960's. My dad was an Air Force pilot and we lived there when DeGaulle gave NATO the boot. The first bike I ever fell in love with was a 1966 Peugeot 50CC ...I think SS? I've actually looked for one on the internet for sale. Do you ever see them around? I have very fond memories of France...particularly the food.

Sunday I rode on the track(what a track!Mythic for us)for the first time in my life. A good sunday even if I 've got a cold and I'm sick now.

I've had many times like that where I am sick as a dog afterwards, but it's worth it!

Thierry, all we hear from France is gloom and doom. This is great. I bet there are a lot of old small motorcycles even though all I see in the pictures are big CC's. What was your first ride?

Thierry, all we hear from France is gloom and doom. This is great. I bet there are a lot of old small motorcycles even though all I see in the pictures are big CC's. What was your first ride?

Sorry I'm late but...doctor says that I got the flu.I"ve been really sick since tuesday night and I was not able to go working(3 days off ).

My first ride was a 50 cc Malaguti!
About small cc...not really. Of course you could see Italian 50 cc from the seventies(malaguti,gitane-testi)or german 50cc(Kreidler,zundapp).

Thierry- I Lived in Bois D'arcy outside of Paris in the 1960's. My dad was an Air Force pilot and we lived there when DeGaulle gave NATO the boot. The first bike I ever fell in love with was a 1966 Peugeot 50CC ...I think SS? I've actually looked for one on the internet for sale. Do you ever see them around? I have very fond memories of France...particularly the food.

1966..I was 2...so I was too young!I don't see the model you talk about.
Glad you enjoyed the french food(and wine?).

I remember Zundapps from my Army days. Those little 50 & 90cc bikes were everywhere. In fact, the first time I ever rode on the back of a bike (as opposed to a scooter) was with a German friend, around 1967 or '68, when I was a teenager living in Garmisch. That little Zundapp topped out at 105kph, and that's exactly how fast he drove at all times.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ky8lIqIUUl8"]400 motos au Paul Ricard ! - YouTube[/ame]

Watch that video on the track!May be I'm on it...I didn't watch it yet!Black V-strom with a black and white helmet?I have no time I have to go working now..

Grrr...I'm NOT on the video!(I had to be too fast:trust:)
Freddie Spencer will be there in April and there will be only classic bikes on the track.
Two years ago I was able to see Giacomo Agostini.

At 2.53 the guy on the harley is a friend of mine.He's been riding for 35 years,had at least 25 bikes and a big crash against a truck in 2008.When he was at the hospital we spoke about...bikes and bikes again.I like this man and he drives a Pontiac firebird!I'm so glad that he can ride again.He could lost his left hand.Sometimes he used to say"could I clutch?"I would say"I'm sure jean pierre you"ll ride again!"Despite of problems with his right leg,everything is ok.God bless the wonderful surgeons!

Back