• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

EK 530 ZZZ Chain

Reaction score
First Name
Ken
Last Name
Phenix
I decided to take my own advice and stop nursing a growling chain and sprockets. Enough's enough.

With only 9,500 miles on the clock, my oem chain started spitting o-rings so I cheated and put a new EK chain on the original sprockets knowing its life would be limited however cost effective.

Fast forward another 15,000 miles: Here's that EK 530zzz chain next to its replacement. Over the 112 link length the stretch is no more than the width of a pin.

IMAG0460-XL.jpg

The chain still has life left but the 24k oem sprockets had to go.

Anyhow, here's the ZZZ schpiel:

ek-logo-small.png

EK’s Strongest Chain Developed Specifically For Extreme Sport Bikes
The ZZZ chain was developed for modified Extreme Sport Bikes running extended swing arms.

The Pinnacle Of Chain Technology

• Ultra Strong: The ZZZ chain features a revolutionary new side plate profile that more effectively distributes the load onto the side plate. This innovative design gives the 530ZZZ chain an incredible 11,100lb. tensile strength without increasing weight (4.85 lbs. per 100 links).
  • Lightweight: Lightening holes in the side plates reduce the chain’s overall weight by 3%, without compromising tensile strength. These holes also extend the service life by dissipating heat and helping reduce dirt and mud build-up.
  • Zero Stretch: EK’s proprietary Zero Stretch Technology (ZST) virtually eliminates initial chain stretch. No chain adjustment is needed in the first 1000km of use.
  • Each chain includes a Rivet Master Link

EK chains come with these nifty master link installation spacer plates too.

IMAG0840-XL.jpg

I've also had excellent service with supersprox for several years . . .

IMAG0193-XL.jpg

and this time I decided to save a few bucks with the all steel black anodized version.

IMAG0467-XL.jpg

Tensile strength is king especially with a bike with this much torque. This chain seems to deliver and may be the only 11,000# chain to be had for under two bills.

My current odometer reading is 24,599. I'll be documenting my cleaning, lubing and adjustment of this new set to see just how many miles I can get. Stay tuned.

Last edited:
Back