• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

source for GoPro Hero-2 batteries?

Gilk51

Reaction score
First Name
Charles ("Chuck")
Last Name
Gibke
I have acquired the world's most expensive GoPro Hero2 camera (explained below) and am looking to purchase an extra battery. My son had 2 on order but is having problems with the vendor and will probably get a refund instead.

Anybody know of a reliable place to order extra batteries?

---

So, my son and DIL are going on a skiing trip this weekend with friends. He has a Hero1 and a Hero2 camera (they use the same battery) and was going to use both but needed extra batteries. His order from an online vendor looked like it was stalled and he wasn't going to get them in time.

Now, I have wanted to get one of these cameras for a awhile. I bought a Hero3 Black, 2 extra batteries, and 3 micro-SD cards at Best Buy and traded them for the Hero 2. I think I came up short on the deal but that is just what Dads do... :shrug:

You can get those batteries for $14.99 directly from GoPro.com

And yes, you boned it by trading that Hero3 Black for a Hero2 :lol2:

Gopro retails usually have them. I've seen them at the local moto shop, Best Buy and maybe even Sun and Ski

All I have seen at 2 different Best Buy stores were H3 batteries. When asked, they said that they didn't carry them.

Looks like I'll just order direct. $15 is not bad...

Yes, Trice, I know, I know... :rofl:

Back