• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Honda CBR600RR (2006) fairings

Reaction score
First Name
Anthony
Last Name
Martinez
At least a few of you in here ride Hondas. My friend Marc obviously needs new plastic - so I'm probing for good places to order fairings (painted). Buying here at the local dealership is a garunteed way to spend way too much money. Anyone have suggestions?

Thanks,
Anthony

Keep trolling through ebay every few days. There's always people crashing one side of their bike of the other, and they can sell the other side for parts. Being an 06, it might be tougher to find crashed bikes already, but it's worth a shot. CBR is a fairly common bike with the stunting crowd, and (correct me if I'm making a bad assumption here) stunting bikes tend to go down a lot.

CBRs also seem to be used as track bikes (along with gixxers) and the street plastic eventually gets sold to put the track plastic on, so there should be some deals there, too.

Of the four major plastic pieces on a GSXR600, my son was able to replace the front cowl and left side thru ebay - individuals and shops, probably saving 50% or so. The rear rear cowl he repaired with JB Weld and the right side he just kept with a couple of "character" scratches...

oh if your get Honda plastic, it comes pre-painted the factory color

There is a guy in NY that repairs and paints MC plastics, usually quite a bit cheaper than replacing it. Here is an old thread - the vendor is Empire GP:

repair thread

This was not an option on my son's yellow gixxer parts since they use a unique (and more expensive) mother of pearl finish on them.

You can see examples on their site: http://www.empiregp.com/

thanks for the responses guys, I'll run these options by Marc and see what he wants to do.

Back