• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

U2 Dust Mask

Reaction score
Do these stay on good inside a full face helmet? Or do they tend to keep slipping off?

Looks like Hannibal, but dust is making me sick after every DS ride. I need to do something.

skimu2.gif

The Wolfsnaut interferes with my eyeglasses. So I have to wear it lower than intended. There were gaps because of that. I must have breathed a lot of dust with the way I was wearing the Wolfsnaut because I got sick after the SETEX 200 with flu-like symptom. I also didn't pay much attention to the mask when I was riding, because I didn't think there was much dust that day. Maybe if I had spend more time to properly adjust it.

I guess that US mask would make you hot.

...I must have breathed a lot of dust with the way I was wearing the Wolfsnaut because I got sick after the SETEX 200 with flu-like symptom. I also didn't pay much attention to the mask when I was riding, because I didn't think there was much dust that day...

Get a bigger bike so you can ride in the front of the pack part of the time. That's the easiest way to reduce your dust. Either that or hang way back after the dust cloud has settled. I can never ride mid pack in the thick of a dust storm, just not enjoyable at all so why do it?

_

Get a bigger bike so you can ride in the front of the pack part of the time. That's the easiest way to reduce your dust. Either that or hang way back after the dust cloud has settled. I can never ride mid pack in the thick of a dust storm, just not enjoyable at all so why do it?

I do try to stay out of the dust but sometimes it's not possible.

Drats, TwoSmoke. Sorry to hear that. Hope you can find something that works. Please let us know if you do.

I 've been very sensitive to dust after the TAR trip a year ago. I was ignorant of the bad things dust can do. I got really sick after the TAR trip, and I feel like I never fully recover from that.

I used the wolfsnaut for a while...till it go warm outside. The thing is suffocating in the summer. I use the sort you have pictured now. It's an improvement and does a good job of actually filtering out dust. The paper filters are easily replaced. It's cooler to wear but still...

I'll use it until something better comes along.

Back