• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Up blast of wind!

Reaction score
Hey Y'all.....I ride a 2006 1100 Shadow Spirit I just bought in January. I got the Memphis shades winshield the day I bought it, but I have a wind problem I don't understand.....Wind is coming straight down the side of the tank then straight UP into my chest and blasting UP my nose and face. I had 2 Harleys with windshields and countless other bikes over the years but I have never had a wind problem like this before. It's so bad sometimes that I can't enjoy riding at all. Does anybody know what's going on and what the solution is?
Thanks in advance! Rev Muddy

Here she is......

Attachments

• My Shadow 1100 008.jpg
    My Shadow 1100 008.jpg
    27.6 KB · Views: 146
Likely wind off your knees coming up your torso.
Quick test the next time you are out:
Move your feet back to the passenger rear sets if you can or just extend your leg back. If you notice the effect drop significantly, you've got your culprit.

You're probably going to need lowers on that windshield.

Hammer said:
Likely wind off your knees coming up your torso.
Quick test the next time you are out:
Move your feet back to the passenger rear sets if you can or just extend your leg back. If you notice the effect drop significantly, you've got your culprit.

You're probably going to need lowers on that windshield.

That's what I was thinking too.

I had an 1100 Aero with a memphis shield. I purchased lowers and the wind dissapeared.

Back