• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

2007 FJR1300AE

JRW69

Reaction score
Need some technical help please from the FJR family. I was told that the FJR has an adjustable seat height from 31.5 to 32.5. If this is true then how do you lower it? I have one I am looking at, but want to see what it feels like with the seat lowered all the way. Sorry to say, but three of us couldn't figure out how to do it. Help please! Thanks!

Yes, let me look that up real quick. I'm presuming you don't have your owners manual?

There is a plastic piece that goes one way for tall then turns over for low. Only tools you need is the key.

Jasen THANK YOU!!!! book marked that link and it is awesome! My local dealer just got it in and the owner hadn't brought the extra keys or the manual yet, so having an electronic version is fantastic. I will admit that I did not try the key counter clockwise! I will go back tomorrow and give it a go.

Thanks Wolf, I will be able to tell just by looking at the "H" or "L". I'm hoping it was in the H position since I could only get the balls of me feet down and was wanting a bit more than that. Its expensive but Corbin has a seat that makes it 29.5, so that would be perfect. Although if its in the H and got to the L then I will be right about where I want to be.

If the seat is in the low position there will be less than 1/2 ''distance from the bottom of the seat to where it matches up on the bike...Guestimated distance...In the high position there is a noticable gap of 1'' or so...Bike is out in the garage//shop or I would get you a pic and exact measurment....My impression of a Corbin seat is that it may be a little softer than a log......Just Old Farts observations........

Thanks Ed, well this one may well be in the low position already then. It looked like there was about a half inch gap beneath it. I have heard that about the Corbin seat. I really like the Sargent seat, but I couldn't find anything that would tell me what their seat height is installed. From what I have read, there seems to be a lot options in getting the seat done. I'm really hoping the stars line up and I can get this one.

If you are interested. I have the Corbin. I don't use is because it puts my knees into the lower fairing. It's leather and seems comfy to me, just too low. I run the stock seat in the high position. Not sure what the cost was but if you want it I'd ask $150. Pretty much like new condition.

That's a good deal on the Corbin, though I won't recommend it. But for that price, you can always turn right around and resell it on the FJR forums. It might make the seat height lower but the shape of it is a smidge wider, which is also important. How far your feet have to go down is also determined by how far out they are when you put your feet down. Also, the Corbin requires the removal of that black adjuster piece. This means the Corbin is one height, not adjustable.

I tested high and low and with the Corbin and for my short legs (30" inseam) I settled on stock seat in the low position and sold the Corbin. The Corbin felt higher as it made it harder for me to touch down than the stock seat in the low position.

Congrats on the new bike. You are going to love it. First time you get stuck in traffic, you'll fall all in love with that auto clutch. :D

Back