• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

97 Bandit 1200 sparkplug removal, tool

Reaction score
First Name
Cesar
Last Name
Moreno Hernandez
Hi all,

Do you know where I can get the sparkplug removal tool for a 97 Bandit 1200s?

I'm getting into "trying" to do all the "simple" maintenance myself... Also, any advice is more than welcome.

Thank you all,

Cesar

If you pull the tank a standard 18mm sparkplug socket will do the trick just fine. Also, you'll likely have to pull the tank if you want to use a torque wrench when reinserting the plugs (recommended).

If you pull the tank a standard 18mm sparkplug socket will do the trick just fine. Also, you'll likely have to pull the tank if you want to use a torque wrench when reinserting the plugs (recommended).

I also use two different lengths of 3/8" ID rubber oil line that I push on the ends of the plugs after I loosen them up to use to speed up unscrewing them as well screwing them back in, followed up by proper tightening with a spark plug socket and rachet.

Thanks for the advice txbanditrydr, removing the tank wasn't part of my plan but I'll ponder that option for sure. Thanks again.

Back