• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

2013 CB1100 Honda retro super sport no abs

Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Last Name
Craig
I am thrilled with the bike. Everything I had imagined it
would be and more. Wanted new rendition of CB400F's,
CB750 (DOHC), CBX, and CB1100F I had owned in past.
It handles well, it has good power (90HP, 450 lbs)
Candy red tank, chrome fenders, 4 into one exhaust
and descent fork and shocks. It has 18 inch tires front
and rear and a small 3.9 gallon tank. The seat could be
taller as I am 6'1 but all and all I am happy after 583
miles of riding since Wed delivery date in Houston.
Still selling my 2011 Ninja1000 with Ed at Global
Motorsports if anyone is interested. No, it is not as
fast as the Ninja but neither am I. I have been waiting
since 2008 for this bike to come to the states. It was
worth the wait. Quality is second to none, just a joy to ride.

What a cool bike....So, we gotta have an in depth review you know! I'm curious if it's greasy smooth....

Absolutley love this bike, I need to go check one out, you could have a sweet modern "cafe" bike starting from this platform...

Congrats! I always..always lusted after the CB 500 four when it came out around 1971. My brother in law has a 750 Four...you chose very well! It is beautiful...pictures?

Congrats! I always..always lusted after the CB 500 four when it came out around 1971. My brother in law has a 750 Four...you chose very well! It is beautiful...pictures?

Yes please we need pics! :deal:

I thought about the name change but lost so much
money selling my Two Buells when HD nixed the
brand I decided to keep it to remind myself not to
fall in the "American Sportbike" pit again. Now, back
to the review of the Big CB1100. I have 1958 miles
and still love it. Have not broken anything yet but I
did change the oil at 400 miles and oil/filter at 1100
miles to shell Rotella petro/syn as she is air/oil cool-
ed. Honda did speed limit the bike at around 115mph.
She is turning 7200 RPM in 4th gear when the EFI
shuts the fuel off. You can shift up to 5th but when
she gets to 115 she will shut down again. If you want
to do a track day you can unplug the power to the
electronic speedo and she is good to go. So with 90
horsepower and 1100cc she has ample power for
normal riding. Just drive her as intended and it is all
good. I ordered a slip on exhaust from Webik in Jap
that is due to ship to me in May. They are nuts for the
big CB over there and there numorous items to buy.

I'll bet that if you unplug the speedo so your top speed is not limited to 115 or so, you'll barely notice the difference in lap times on a race track compared to a speed limited bike, unless you are running it at Daytona using only the oval where the speed is over 115 all the time.
It won't change your dragstrip et very much either.

I'll bet that if you unplug the speedo so your top speed is not limited to 115 or so, you'll barely notice the difference in lap times on a race track compared to a speed limited bike, unless you are running it at Daytona using only the oval where the speed is over 115 all the time.
It won't change your dragstrip et very much either.

He'd notice at TWS. :mrgreen:

I bet this bike is a hoot around town!

What kind of mileage are you getting with it? I would guess low to mid 40s on the backroads?

I would estimate this bike could get anywhere from 35 to 55 mpg on the back roads depending on who's riding it.
I get low 50's with the ZRX on back roads, but then, I tend to be a momentum rider who rides a pace that doesn't demand a lot of brake use and when the speed limit goes under 40 or so, I am either accelerating or coasting with the clutch pulled in, almost never cruising at a steady throttle.

I'm a new guy and thought I'd throw in my .02 as this was one of my options. I'm loving more of the standard/retro looks (right down to the 60s round Honda emblem) and thought long and hard before I bought the Scrambler. There are a lot of similarities between these two bikes with the Honda getting the nod for HP although 100 heavier than the Triumph. For me, at least, it boiled down to experience and money, both of which I am in short supply. I do give the nod to the Triumph on real retro styling. I loved me some TR6c but was weened on a CL450. If you an justify $10k, go for it. I picked up my 2800 mile Scrambler for half that and would be very confident of taking it on a well equiped, well planned cross country trip.

Does it look like this?

Honda-CB1100-static2.jpg

On motorcycle forums the same rule applies: if there aren't pic's it didn't happen.

Last edited:
Back