• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

replacement straps for slip-on cans?

Silverthief

My Email is Dead!
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Last Name
Doty
Ok, I feel like an idiot...cant find these anywhere. I need a set of straps, preferrably adjustable like you would get with a set of D&D's, for my slip-ons.

Maybe i'm not calling it what it really is. Its the clamp that goes around the mufler and bolts onto the bike's hangers.

Christmas2005024.jpg

:giveup:

Silverthief said:
Maybe i'm not calling it what it really is. Its the clamp that goes around the mufler and bolts onto the bike's hangers.
Have you contacted D&D to see if they supply replacement odds and ends?

Yea I'm in the process of doing that, though I'm not going to hold my breath on getting any kind of response.

Any other ideas?
Would be nice to pick up a pair that maybe someone has lying around in their garage.

You might check the local auto parts store also. They have a lot of different hangers and may have just what you need. Don't tell them what it is for other than a SS (Insert size needed) tail pipe hanger. Not all but a lot of them will say they don't have it if you say it's for a bike.

Thanks Hemibee I'll give that a shot as well. Havent ordered the ones from summitracing yet.

D&D sent me an email.......they want $45 each for those hangers!!!

When I had my wreck, no dealer could get me a single replacement muffler from Yosh, so I called them and they will send you anything you want. I can not remember what I paid for the extra strap I ordered, but it was not too much, 15 bucks or something like that.

Here is the contact info:

Address: 5420 Daniels St., Chino, CA 91710
Phone: (909) 628-4722
Information: (909) 627-9249
Orders Outside CA: (800) 634-9166
Fax: (909) 591-2198
Web: www.yoshimura-rd.com

Back