• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

New addition

Tasi

Reaction score
I brought this home in a lot of boxes ,not knowing what was missing .
To my surprise not much at all .The tip was mentioned by someone who
first saw the mess but I squinted and saw something . This is what it turned into .
IMG_0035_zpsd199d26e.jpg

That looks great! The '97 TLS was my first v-twin sportbike and first liter bike. I moved up from a Yamaha YZF600R and was woefully unprepared for the first twist of that throttle! :)

Great bike. I hated having to stop for gas every 90 miles or so, but loved the character. And it made wonderful noises with the V&H pipes. Not nearly as obnoxious as D&D, but more growl than the Yoshimuras. It was my gateway drug into the world of v-twins and led to a fairly serious Ducati habit that took a while to kick.

I haven't sat on one in well over a decade. I need to rectify that.

I wish Suzuki would of put that engine in the DL1000 , as is and not detuning it. Great find and great rebuild.

My son has one and loves it! On a more sombre note........sorry to see it looks like you live in your car!!:-P Ya done good!! AND.........its in the fast red color!

Decals ,twist grip and tank gasket was all I needed .No problem
Its what I had left over that was interesting .
I set of Busa forks with radial calipers with new pads
Pair of new Speed triple oval lights and mounting kit (new)
Pair of Dan moto exhausts (new)
A new red petrol tank .
Brembo master cyl and lever .

Decals ,twist grip and tank gasket was all I needed .No problem
Its what I had left over that was interesting .
I set of Busa forks with radial calipers with new pads
Pair of new Speed triple oval lights and mounting kit (new)
Pair of Dan moto exhausts (new)
A new red petrol tank .
Brembo master cyl and lever .
Gus, Busa forks on the Bandit?

Very nice ride. I sold a VTR1000 to buy my current Bandit. There is something real cool about the roar of a big V-twin:trust:

Looks great! Like they say, "Some assembly required, batteries not included."

I'm a yes -no on changing the bar set up .It says "super sports" on the
panels .I don't want to turn it into a sports tourer ,I already have one of those .
Its got to be different ,it surely is that .
Found a nail in the rear tyre yesterday ,annoying .

Back