• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

LA 82

Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Last Name
Chesley
I did a run from Port Arthur to Cameron last week and there finally is two stores with gas open in the Johnson Bayou area now. Just happen in the last month. Cameron fuel station is always packed. Really is neat running along right next to the gulf. Love doing that ride.

I did a run from Port Arthur to Cameron last week and there finally is two stores with gas open in the Johnson Bayou area now. Just happen in the last month. Cameron fuel station is always packed. Really is neat running along right next to the gulf. Love doing that ride.

It is a nice ride. Whenever I'm headed to Lake Charles to visit the folks I like to drop down at Winnie or Port Arthur and go through Cameron and then up. If I have an extra couple of hours I love to go to Galveston and take the ferry and then drive down the coast.

Thank you for the information! My wife wants to take a weekend ride soon, and this looks like a good route. Neither of us have been there before. It looks like there is a ferry between Cameron and Holly Beach. Do you know if it has a regular schedule, or does it just run when there are enough cars/bikes to cross? Thanks!

Thank you for the information! My wife wants to take a weekend ride soon, and this looks like a good route. Neither of us have been there before. It looks like there is a ferry between Cameron and Holly Beach. Do you know if it has a regular schedule, or does it just run when there are enough cars/bikes to cross? Thanks!

The ferry runs all the time. I forget the night schedule but that's a busy crossing right there with Cameron on the East and the pogy plants and Holly Beach on the other side.
And Holly Beach is worth seeing. If you haven't seen it since before Rita you won't believe it. It's truly the Riviera of the Louisiana Gulf Coast! I'd hate to imagine what some of those new places cost.
And I always enjoy the Bolivar Ferry from Galveston.
So you and Gay could run down to Galveston, take the big ferry across and then the coast road all the way to Cameron. Then back across the ferry to Holly Beach and then up to beautiful downtown Hackberry and then lovely Sulphur.

The ferry runs all the time. I forget the night schedule but that's a busy crossing right there with Cameron on the East and the pogy plants and Holly Beach on the other side.
And Holly Beach is worth seeing. If you haven't seen it since before Rita you won't believe it. It's truly the Riviera of the Louisiana Gulf Coast! I'd hate to imagine what some of those new places cost.
So you and Gay could run down to Galveston, take the big ferry across and then the coast road all the way to Cameron. Then back across the ferry to Holly Beach and then up to beautiful downtown Hackberry and then lovely Sulphur.

Oh, try eating at Hollier's in Sulphur. Nice place for seafood.

I always liked that part of the country , first time I was in Cameron was with a group of Hams furnishing communications after if I remember correctly was Hurricane Audry...Really messed the whole place up...Always liked Holly Beach too...

w/ the SABINE PASS BRIDGE in my rear view mirror, 82 is a really nice way to cross southern Louisiana

beats the H-E-DOUBLE UGGLY outa I-10

the little cafe where 82 crosses the ICW, @ Forked Island, is a good place to stop for nourishment & it aint expensive, neither...

sw

Attachments

• IMG_0997.jpg
    IMG_0997.jpg
    22.1 KB · Views: 177
Thanks for all of the information! We are going to get over there very soon. :rider:

Back