• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Where to stay in Fredricksburg?

Reaction score
First Name
Bo
Last Name
Willyard
Where to stay in Fredericksburg?

My wife wants to go to Fredericksburg, where should we stay? She's on the bike so I want to make it fun so she will want to go again. She's in to destinations and I'm in to the journey; it could work out :)

Last edited:
I just returned from a few days in FBG on Sunday (don't ask about the drive home...). Many choices - motels, a few nicer hotels, rental houses, B&Bs. For the money, I suggest renting a house in town. Many can be had for ~$100/night for a couple. Only marginally more than a decent hotel, and the same as a B&B. Choose somewhere within walking distance of main street - your wife can shop, you can hit the brewpub!

Gasthaus Schmidt is the largest rental manager in town, here's their website with inventory and availability information: http://www.fbglodging.com/ Look under "accomodations."

- JimY

I prefer the KOA just outside of town. But the wife and I are the camping type.

Re: Where to stay in Fredericksburg?

bowillyard said:
My wife wants to go to Fredericksburg, where should we stay? She's on the bike so I want to make it fun so she will want to go again. She's in to destinations and I'm in to the journey; it could work out :)

Check out this place. I have never been there, but I know guys that have and said it was great.

http://www.hogstopinn.com/

The wife and I rode and stayed in F'burg in May. We stayed here http://www.fredericksburg-fun.com/suites.htm
in the Planter's Suite.

Nice folks that own the place. It was quiet and relaxing. It's on the west side of town, so you get to do a good bit of walking to get to shops, restaurants, etc. We don't mind that part...

Have fun!

Peach tree inn , on 87 2 blocks off 290 . Next door to Andy's cafe , about as good a food as you will find in Fberg. if you get the old rooms you have a carport beside your room to park your bike . I stayed there a lot when a friend used to own it . he sold it, I stayed once since then its still good . SEYA

I stayed at Blinky's Bed and Breakfast one block from the main drag. It included a free breakfast from the cafe next door. They also had homemade Italian Ice cream at the cafe ;-) . The room was nice and includes a Jacuzzi tub. It ran about 120 a night and is in walking distance of every thing,

The wife and I went with another couple the last weekend in June and stayed at The Hangar Hotel. If you want quiet and a nostalgic setting, this is a really nice spot.

for those of you on a budget.....there is the city park on the end of town. seems like it was 6bucks for the night. they had 4 or 5 acres of mowed grass and trees. pull up anywhere and put your tent up. you are right by the city airport but i had no problem with that as the air traffic at night was non existent. i believe the park is lady bird johnson park....i could be wrong about the name.

treysmagna said:
Check out this place. I have never been there, but I know guys that have and said it was great.

http://www.hogstopinn.com/

The Hog Stop Inn is now closed.
This last weekend they opened a new place for Wine tasting.
Something like "Taste Putt Chip" I guess they'll offer a miniature golf course?

My daughter lives nearby and has begun enjoying the peace and calm now that "loud bikes" no longer leave at closing time.

Its been a couple of years, but for the heck of it we stayed at “Bed and Brewery”. Part of the Fredericksburg Brewery. They had a special on at the time so don’t know how the price is now. If ya really want to sample the different brews and then not travel far its perfect :trust:

Rode up there last year and stayed at the Best Western. It was pretty new, nice and clean. There were some nice people running it then.

She's on the bike so I want to make it fun so she will want to go again.

So, does that mean your budget is going to be a little higher than usual? :eek2:

Should be... Bed and Breakfast places always impress the Ladies. :zen:

Pick one of the Bed and Breakfast clearing houses that are on the Net, and they can help you tremendously. One thing though, almost all have a two night minimum, so they aren't any good if you're just passing through.

Chuck's suggestion of the Hanger Hotel, is one of my Favs. Kinda pricey, but we're impressing the Missuz right? If you partake in adult beverages, the Hotel has a balcony that faces the Air Strip & is a great place to sit, sip a beverage, and enjoy the evening. Very close (right accross Hwy 16 from the airport) is a nice dining place Cotton Gin Restaurant and I take people there often.

The suggestion of the Best Western is a good one, it's the best looking BW on the planet, I think.

The Days Inn and the Econo Lodge are on 16 very near town (800 block) and are a couple of the best examples of their kind you will ever see.

There's a fairly new La Quinta on the East end of town.

If you are looking for "quaint" yet affordable, that Peach Tree Inn suggestion is a very good one. It's got the little "carport" spaces to hide your bike under.

Then if you are the cheap, err... ''frugal" bastage like me, there's places like The Miller Inn . Mom n Pop kinda place with the carports and very clean and reasonable. See photo attachments

Their Sister Property on the other end of town... the Frontier Inn

I also like this cute little place... The Sunset Inn (no carports )

You really can't go wrong in F-burg. Tourist trade is #1 in F-burg and shabbly establishments don't last long.

Book early!

And have fun... I'm jealous.

Attachments

• Miller Inn 1 F Burg 08 a.jpg
    Miller Inn 1 F Burg 08 a.jpg
    57 KB · Views: 220
  • Miller Inn 1 F Burg 08 b.jpg
    Miller Inn 1 F Burg 08 b.jpg
    59.2 KB · Views: 216
We really loved Angels Lodge .... Will be going back! http://angelsabovethecreek.com/

Wow Mike! What a place. I've never heard of it. Is it new?

And how about the photos on the Web site... does it really look like that?

And the usual question I probably already know... do they have a 2-night minimum?

At about $200 a night, it might mean a "special" occasion for Ms Vicki and I.

Nice find.

Back