• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Bryan newbie

pdef

Reaction score
First Name
Philip
Hello. I saw tourmeister's post on the VFR forums and his link led me here. Had no idea there was a Texas specific board :oops:

My name is Philip, and I have been riding for only 3 years now. I recently got a '99 Honda VFR less than a year ago and have been loving it. I switched over from riding cruisers and figured the VFR would be sporty while still not being too painful on the ironbutt trips.

I hope to see some of you around. :P

If you see a black '92 VFR riding around town, that's probably me. If it has a topcase on the back, it is definitely me. :wink: We'll have to his some of the bike nights at King's after daylight savings time comes back around. Welcome to the group. VFRs are always welcome. :-D

:tab Oh yes... cannot have too many VFR's now can we? Too bad you didn't get here last week, we just did a Maintenance day here in Huntsville and had several VFRs and several Triumphs. Then we rode all over the place on Sunday and even came back through College Station on the way back from the Sommerville area. I'll be heading through there this afternoon sometime around 4:00ish on my way to Austin for the weekend. So if you see a Blue VFR 800 sporting a full load of GIVI luggage, it's be your's truly! :dude:

Oh and welcome to the group!

Adios,

Thanks for the welcomes.

Chris, do you ride your bike to campus? I religiously use it as my home
->school ->work commuter. Can't beat that parking at all! I used to be semi-active in the aggie MC, but haven't been to a meeting since august due to having to work till 10pm every night :angryfir:

Tourmeister, my girlfriend lives in Anderson so we often go riding all throughout that area semi-near Huntsville. Grimes county roads are so much more fun than Brazos county (and less 18year olds driving daddy's car like a bat out of ****). I really like those blue VFRs. Would have specifically looked for one if I didn't get a great deal on my red one. It'd probably be weird riding a non-red honda anyways :wink:

I ride to campus every day. I don't go to the local hangout too much anymore. I used to, but the CSPD is usually out in force on Thursday nights chasing drunks and squids and I don't care to get caught up in all that. I may go once the weather warms up, but I'd rather ride than stand around and BS, so looks like I'll be hitting bike nights in Montgomery when daylight savings time comes around again. I see VFRs every now and then on campus, but not too many around where I park. I'm definitely the only one with luggage. :roll: Keeps those expensive textbooks dry in the rain though. :)

Well, I hope to see you around sometime. I park by the Heldenfeld building most of the time. Got a little wet today.... :angryfir:

I park by the Heldenfeld building most of the time.

Isn't that the chemistry building? Or one of htem anyway :-P They've built so many freaking new buidlings since I was there I hardly recognize anything. And don't get me started on all the awesome restaurants built there in the last 10 years!! College kids have way too much disposable income these days! We ate at Pepe's Burritos. The super B's were 99 cents and generated a couple of bucks worth of gas no problem :lol:

Yeah, its the Biology/Chemistry/Physics lab building. It's got about 30-40 motorcycle spots right next to it, and since I am a biology major, I end up parking there quite often.

I've lived in Bryan for all of my 23 years (I can't get away!!), so I know where you are coming from. So many franchise stores where there were fields 20 years ago.

:tab Hehe, I used to live there back in 1971 over near 24th street in Bryan. My Dad was the pastor at a small Methodist church. We used to play at that old playground with the round concrete swimming pool on 24th. Used to swim there as well, but I don't think the pool is used anymore is it?

:tab I was there from Jan 87 to May 91 getting my Aerospace Eng. degree. At times I miss it, but when I go back, it is not the same and never will be. For starters I am no longer a 20 something year old college kid and now stand out like a sore thumb ;-) that is a strange thing about getting older, you can never go back. Once familiar places will never feel the same because everything changes.

Adios,

Small world.. I lived off 29th street. I used to walk through your old stomping grounds on my way home from school. :mrgreen:

Back