• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Muddy Creek AMA MX National

Reaction score
First Name
Kory
Last Name
Burleson
Here's a teaser pic from the TN MX National yesterday. I drug my dad and uncle 16 hours to Tennessee, stood in the perfect spot against the fence for over an hour... just to get this shot of the Moto 1 450 start. I was nervous when that gate dropped, didn't want to screw it up, but absolutely thrilled now that I'm at home and can see the result.

Full Resolution Goodness Click the link, then click on the picture. :trust:

8931014423_f69aab059f_c.jpg

Ton of pics, I'll post a link to all the keepers when I'm done. ;-)

Fantastic focus and depth of field! :clap:

Amazing detail throughout the image!

Wow! I can just feel the roost 800 is getting. Poor Mike. LOL!

Yes poor Mike & he has a top 5 start. Imagine the roost the rest of the pack is taking. I have raced local MX off & on (more off than on) the last 30 years & the start has always been my favorite part of the race.:rider:

Wow!

What kind of shutterspeeds were you running? 1/1250th? There's ZERO blur of anything, even the chain.

Wow!

What kind of shutterspeeds were you running? 1/1250th? There's ZERO blur of anything, even the chain.

Is that a good or bad thing?

Anywhere between 1/1250th and 1/2500th when my goal was to freeze the motion.

I prefer frozen action. Panning with a slow shutter speed has it's advantages, but getting the bike and rider in good focus is practically impossible. They are moving on the bike so much and then the bike is moving around on them. Getting one small section of the bike/rider in focus and the rest out drives me crazy. Technique doesn't even matter, as you found out with the karts.

No, uber-fast works for this in my opinion!

Did you try to rely on the camera "C" mode focus or did you pick a spot and manually focus on it?

No, uber-fast works for this in my opinion!

Did you try to rely on the camera "C" mode focus or did you pick a spot and manually focus on it?

What's this picking a spot business you speak of? :lol2:

I was in Continuous focus all day. Can't remember if it was 1-point or 9-point, may have even been swapping between both. I also use back button focusing 100% of the time. Maybe had a handful of out of focus shots all day. The only time the camera would get confused was with dirt flying and it focusing on that instead of the rider.

If your thinking of making a poster of the first one, I bet someone on this forum would be interested in having one also. That is a great MX start picture, reminds me of when I read all the MX magazines. Pro type shots.

I would pay to have one in my garage. You may get enough interest where it would not be so expensive.

Sam

AWESOME PICS -- YOU ARE HIRED!

We had been making the trip each year to Freestone TX MX until TN - Muddy Creek hijacked the event.

We sure hope it comes back.

If your thinking of making a poster of the first one, I bet someone on this forum would be interested in having one also. That is a great MX start picture, reminds me of when I read all the MX magazines. Pro type shots.

I would pay to have one in my garage. You may get enough interest where it would not be so expensive.

Sam

At this time I have no place to put a print like this. If you are really interested in a print, I could send you the digital file in exchange for a small donation, then you could have it printed. :shrug:

AWESOME PICS -- YOU ARE HIRED!

We had been making the trip each year to Freestone TX MX until TN - Muddy Creek hijacked the event.

We sure hope it comes back.

The only reason we went to TN was because they didn't come to Freestone this year. Such a bummer. I hope they come back as well, but that's probably just a pipe dream now.

So when do I get to take pics of you blowing up some sand? :mrgreen:

Some of the most fantastic action Motocross pics I've seen. Thanks for sharing. Now you have me wanting to get out the scrape books for MX pics I did in the 70's and make an oldie galley.

At this time I have no place to put a print like this. If you are really interested in a print, I could send you the digital file in exchange for a small donation, then you could have it printed. :shrug:

Thanks for the offer but I was just wanting to help out if you were going to make posters of any of them. My garage is full of pics right now, but I would have made room for one of yours. Such a beautiful picture. :clap: How I wish I were 20 again. :roll:

Sam

Some of the most fantastic action Motocross pics I've seen. Thanks for sharing. Now you have me wanting to get out the scrape books for MX pics I did in the 70's and make an oldie galley.

YES!! Please DO SO!! Make that Gallery ! Bring back those one of a kind Vintage pics! Share them with the people who will might recoginze a few of the riders, and appreciate them.

YES!! Please DO SO!! Make that Gallery !

Bring back those one of a kind, old, Vintage pics! Get them online. Share them with the people who will might recognize a few of the riders, and appreciate them!!

Back