• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Motorola V710

Reaction score
I want a Bluetooth phone, but I do not want to give up access to analog systems when I am riding in the boonies.

The only tri-mode phone (includes analog access as well as digital systems) I have found for the Verizon system that is Bluetooth ready is the Motorola V710.

Does anyone have any experience with this phone and was it positive or negative.

Thanks.

I am interested in this as well. I will be making a trip to east Texas,then to Houston with my Samsung (non tri-mode) next month. Have a feeling im going to regret not having my tri-mode anymore. Old Nokia would get a signal almost anywhere. From looks of coverage map ill have dead phone for a while. FWIW I will let you know excactly how bad it is.
BTW, I enjoy my bluetooth. and you can tell looking at my monthly statement....................

bushwhacker said:
I want a Bluetooth phone, but I do not want to give up access to analog systems when I am riding in the boonies.

Same reason I got my V710 last August when Cingular took over AT&T and would not honor the remaining year on my "multi-network "contract :thumbd: .
I had a Siemens GAIT phone (GSM with TDMA capability) which was not as good as the tri-mode V710, but a good compromise with long battey life since it ran mostly on GSM. The best part was that I could transfer the GSM personality card to my Palm Treo to use during the week at work.

I love my V710 (Verizon), coverage is excellent both in and out of town, even in very remote areas. It is full of nice features, size is great (not too small for manly hands) and the speakerphone and voice command works perfectly. The only down side is battery life, as can be expeced with this type of wireless technology, even worse if you use bluetooth. BTW, I've read that most of the "fun" bluetooth "functionality" is disabled on this phone, about the only thing you can use it for is the wireless earpiece. I have the Motorola HS820, it works well, but the battery is gone (in less than a year), probably from being left in the car.

I'd say I've had a positive experience so far, can't think of a phone I'd rather have right now.

Thanks for the review. I think I may pick one up. I am looking at the H700 head set which is supposed to be the upgrade to the HS850.

http://www.motorola.com/motoinfo/product/details/0,,111,00.html

Also while doing research and checking on accessories I ran across one site that had a 1400 mah replacement battery (under 30 bucks and comes with a new battery cover. I doubt it would fit in the case but it should extend the talk time quite a bit.

-

Back