• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

'90 zx7 charging prob.

ddavis

Reaction score
First Name
David
Last Name
Davis
I have a bike that will run for about an hour or less after charging the battery, and then it is dead. The turn signals quit working, the same time the battery quit charging. The owner says, just before it quit charging, it sounded like a belt was slipping. I know that doesn't relate to a bike with no belt, but I don't think he would have brought this to me, if he knew what to do with it.

My first action will be to check the battery, and then the charging system. Any other suggestions or input, would be much appreciated.

I am a cable guy, with enough bike knowledge to save the financially challenged a few dollars, while trying to make a few dollars of my own, and trying to fill a need in my community. I hope to turn this into an after retirement, (10 years) venture as well. Anybody who would like to contribute would be a welcome asset.;-)

This is my second job in 2 weeks. I also have 2 more waiting. One of them is minor body work/ broken controls. The other, is a VW powered sand rail.

Anyone who may be interested, This bike does have a generator belt, and it is broken. I had to take the tank, airbox, and carbs off to get to it but, that was fairly simple.

Now, off to the parts store.

Back