• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Beartooth Highway almost...

Reaction score
Two years ago Lynne and I were able to ride the Beartooth highway, the northeast entrance to Yellowstone park.

Beartooth Highway
The Beartooth Highway is an All-American Road that has been called "the most beautiful drive in America," by late CBS correspondent Charles Kuralt.

At the top we looked across the valley and saw a jeep trail going up the montain on the opposite side. I told Lynne that next time I wanted to ride up there.
That road is called "Hellroaring road"

Well we made the trip and the ride and here are some pictures of the ride and camping.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    80.7 KB · Views: 199
The rides.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1372170140.344530.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1372170160.797620.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1372170189.203227.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1372170291.258139.jpg

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1372170212.230703.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1372170212.230703.jpg
    35 KB · Views: 199
evy4a4e4.jpg

The road was rough, this picture does not really represent it well.
vudetuda.jpg

A young cow moose.
ru5e3yna.jpg

MAN....Everyone seems to have outstanding pics from their trips this year.
....& ya'lls are no exception. I've never even been on Beartooth tho I've been to Yellowstone twice. Really nice countryside 4J

Back in the Texas heat...

Definitely worth the effort and cost in gas to haul the bikes up....

Thinking about the next ride.

That really is some beautiful country. A person could spend a month there, near the beartooth pass area, without moving the base camp, and not see it all. Thanks for sharing.

I went on the Beartooth highway on my Seca 650. For some reason, my pictures aren't as pretty as yours. I'll be on my dual sport next time. Beautiful.

Awesome! I've ridden the road before but you all looked like you had more fun for sure. I bet that fuel injection on the WR is nice too.

I get up to the Beartooths every year to ride, as I grew up in the area...but, those pics of the Hellroaring Road brought back some great memories...Picture three 19-year old's on the way to do some backpacking. My buddy took his Dad's luxury Buick up that road :doh:. He got pretty irate when the car kept bottoming out, and us two passengers were getting out to walk through some hairy sections so the car didn't get more damaged. Great memories!

Back