• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Heathen + Valley of the Gods

The video's intent isn't particularly to showcase my work. The video's intent was to translate my own experience. I make so many images compulsively, without thought of sales, or how they'll be received. I hope they're well received and that I sell a few, but that's not what drives me. Always moving and trying to keep the frame in front of me ever changing... constantly making visual asterisks in the form of images, words and video clips as I try to snag bits and pieces whilst a rush of content goes rushing by. The speed and amount of content in a short period of time was intentional. Also, had to keep it down to 60secs and ended up cutting some of the story out, but I've found that in these days of information overload, people tend not to pay attention to anything that requires them to slow down.

When I'm in that place that I often seek, it feels like it's moving that fast and I'm just trying to keep up... almost as if I switch from an analytic, thoughtful mode to one of pure intuition. In this mode, it's a constant rush of information. At some point, I simply stop... breath... I don't make in images... or engage in thought. The "I" disappears and there's just ALL. That's ultimately where' I'm trying to get to.

I'd love to see more travelogues like this and of this duration, although it takes more than a minute to edit. ;)

Nicely done, Skip, as usual. :clap:

I'd love to see more travelogues like this and of this duration, although it takes more than a minute to edit. ;)

Nicely done, Skip, as usual. :clap:

Thanks!

Just made the last post to wrap up this Southwest 2013 on a Honday nc700x. Added the condensed trip video to it as well: Moto-Southwest 2013 Skip Hunt + Photo

e346bb14a5aa455fb39edba1f043842c

Great video, but wonderful analogy between religion and Spirituality. The verse she quoted isn't recorded in Bible or in that context. Jesus told the Pharisees ( religious law keepers ) in Luke 11:37-52 You boys clean and polish the outside of your cup, but I tell you the inside is filthy. Man looks upon the body, God sees the heart, religion looks on outside, relationship spirituality see's the inner man, the heart. I told a big boy preacher, when he ask me to wear a suit to meetings, you know my cup may be a little shaby on the outside, but partner the inside is spotless, because I didn't clean it. The shed blood of Jesus did. Then I walked away and have never been back. Remember all creation bears witness

to it's creator, and the little girl saw the sun, but missed the son in the sunset. Her parrents taught her their tradition, as they were taught. It's the worst kind of bondage.

Before it begins, I know the girl did not speak cleanliness is next to Godliness, just making a point that the author of the video reminded me of. Alot of people don't go to orginized religeous gatherings because they have been to church. Thanks for a great video!

Before it begins, I know the girl did not speak cleanliness is next to Godliness, just making a point that the author of the video reminded me of. Alot of people don't go to orginized religeous gatherings because they have been to church. Thanks for a great video!

Thanks fclay!

On the Southwest motorcycle trip I just returned from & wrapped up the last post - http://skiphuntphoto.com/moto-southwest-2013/ - there were nights I utilized free National Forest camping. There were many of these primitive dispersion sites in New Mexico & a couple sites I used in Arizona as well.

Does anyone know of a good map, app or resource to find out where all the free National Forest camp sites are? Was thinking of another trip heading East/Northeast in another big loop where I utilize as much free National Forest camping as possible. Surely, some map exists with them all listed.

Back