• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

For my father-in-law

Reaction score
First Name
Ed
Last Name
Martinez
My 71 year old father-in-law tripped and fell this afternoon while helping one of his daughters install a wood floor. He broke his ankle / leg in three places. He will be having surgery either this evening or tomorrow morning. Prayers are appreciated.

Ed.

Ouch! I hope the recovery goes well and quickly!

Chris and I will definitely be thinking of him. Broken ankles suck - never had a broken leg.

Good luck!

Just got back from a round trip Goldwing ride, Katy to Beaumont, to see my Paw-in-law. Left after work. I know this isn't news to anyone, but I just feel like it merits saying that traffic sucks in Houston.

Paw-in-law had surgery on his ankle this afternoon. The balls at the bottoms of both bones in his leg had to be pinned back together. Pins may get to come out some day, but may not, just depends on how things go. He was still groggy from the drugs when I left this evening, but otherwise seemed to be in fairly good spirits. He's got a long way to go.

Thanks for all the prayers. Keep 'em coming, they are appreciated.

Ed.

I was pretty bummed to hear this, my Grandpa is one heck of an active 71yr old. I know he's not going to like being laid up with cast on, especially during months he could be doing something in the yard or on his ranch.

Prayers on the way from the whole Graubart household. :pray:

Update and Correction:

Correction First - Paw-in-Law / Grandpa is actually 72, not 71. I had forgotten he has already had his birthday this year.

Update - He has test driven a walker this afternoon and his IV has been removed. They will remove his catheter in the morning and once he proves everything works as it is supposed to and he gets a final check by the doctors he is supposed to be released from the hospital. He will have a plaster cast for "a while", then, later on, it will be replaced with a fiberglass one. Timeframe depends on how quickly the bones heal, apparently this is difficult to predict in someone of this age bracket, so they'll just have to monitor and see.

Anthony is correct above when he says Grandpa is NOT going to like being sedentary. Continued prayers are appreciated.

Ed.

Wow, sounds like he is doing pretty good to go home that quickly.

Well, here's to a quick recovery & return to an active life. I'm impressed!

God speed!

Back