• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Lone Star BMW/Triumph, Austin, TX

Reaction score
Since starting up this addiction a few years ago, I've come to really appreciate Lone Star BMW/Triumph for their easygoing attitude, nice bike selection (though I haven't been to afford one of theirs....yet), and outstanding accessories department.

They are a perennial favorite among folks who vote in Ride Texas' Top 10 polls.

I've purchased a fair amount of gear from them, starting with my first helmet. I just bought a bunch more gear as I get ready for track days (more on that elsewhere on this site, later), and I gotta say that while all the accessories folks are knowledgeable and friendly, I can see why Denise is constantly written into the above polls as best salesperson. She helped me order the right riding suit, and always makes me a satisfied customer.

They also have various events during the year that are always well-attended, with good food. :eat:

Now, if I could only manage to save up for any of about 6 bikes they sell there...

:clap: to Lone Star.

I'm a big fan too. I'm amazed they can do that well in service, and still be so good on pricing. I've made some purchases in the store at better than online pricing. They've even brought in items I've found online they don't normally carry. They are tops.

I've been dealing with them since the early 90's and they are great. Like you, I haven't been able to afford to buy one of their motorcycles, but they have ALWAYS treated me like I have bought twelve bikes from them. I have purchased most of my accessories and clothing from them during the past 13+ years. I remember when Denise started and she has been consistently wonderful the entire time. I would like to add that Jessica is coming up right behind Denise as far as someone who you really appreciate dealing with for their courteous, helpful and friendly attitude.

Those folks could write a book on customer service and every corporation in America would benefit from it. Long Live Lonestar BMW!!!:sun:

Btw, Georgetown Honda is great also. Very good Service, Parts and Sales compared to you-know-who... Everyone there is very nice and knowledgable also compared to you-know-who

David

Did you know that Woods bought a dealership in New Bruanfels or is it San Marcus? This is the guy that started Woods Fun Center before it was bought out.

fastraveller said:
Btw, Georgetown Honda is great also. Very good Service, Parts and Sales compared to you-know-who... Everyone there is very nice and knowledgable also compared to you-know-who

David

Erm... l'll give Bob the mechanic his due (he worked on my ZRX), and Steve in sales (from his D&L days), and Jason in parts (because he's knowledgable and polite), but the guy with the black glasses makes me want to take a shower with disinfectant. He has prevented me from buying a bike twice since they opened.

txmedic said:
Erm... l'll give Bob the mechanic his due (he worked on my ZRX), and Steve in sales (from his D&L days), and Jason in parts (because he's knowledgable and polite), but the guy with the black glasses makes me want to take a shower with disinfectant. He has prevented me from buying a bike twice since they opened.

I think you mean "Jordan" in parts. You probably remember Don (in parts) from D&L Suzuki too. Anthony (from D&L Service) is the service Manager there now as well. I think you're referring to Don (with glasses) who is the Store Manager. That's too bad to hear that he had that effect on you. Don isn't exactly warm and fuzzy but I never thought of him as a bad guy. He certainly treated me right on my ST1300 last fall. Sorry you've had this experience.

David

Back