• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

EAST TX: Breakfast @ Big Pines

Reaction score
Anybody up for a breakfast ride to Big Pines on Caddo lake next Saturday morning the 10th. They have a good buffet from 0600 - 1030

Call me a tentative for that, Mark.
Jeff Myers (jgrm) is moving to Omaha (the big Omaha) and he's making some noise about getting together for breakfast once more before the movers show up.

Call me a tentative for that, Mark.
Jeff Myers (jgrm) is moving to Omaha (the big Omaha) and he's making some noise about getting together for breakfast once more before the movers show up.

Bill,

Thanks for the consideration. We can do breakfast this Saturday, the 10th, or next, the 17th. I'm going to try to move all the bikes to Omaha the week of the 12th, so I may not have a bike in Tyler anymore on the 17th. I'd ride to Big Pines with y'all this Saturday, but my and Amber's moms are visiting this weekend, so I probably shouldn't disappear for three hours.

I do not want to hijack Mark's suggestion, but if you guys want to meet at the Skyline or somewhere around Tyler this Saturday, I will see you there. Otherwise, I will meet y'all on the 17th...in the cage.

-Jeff

Mark, can we do Big Pine another weekend? I'd like to RTE there, but I
m going to do Skyline Cafe this Saturday. Jeff, I'll see you at the airport.

Mark, can we do Big Pine another weekend? I'd like to RTE there, but I
m going to do Skyline Cafe this Saturday. Jeff, I'll see you at the airport.

Awesome. I will see you at the airport. I may bring the ladies with me this time as Amber's mom wants to go for a motorcycle ride this weekend. She rode over with me for the July breakfast. I will post an emergency meeting as well.

-Jeff

Skip and I will aim for 8 a.m, as well.

That's a beautiful place. A perfect morning to eat on the patio, enjoying the scenery and the conversation.
(Remind me next time that the gravy has chunks of mushrooms, NOT chunks of sausage.:doh: Never mind, I'll remember.)

Gravy is for chicken fried steak....

:lol2: We sure enjoyed the breakfast fellowship. Here are a couple/3 cell phone pics from the patio -- yep, there's a deer across bayou in the 1st pic:

get-photo.asp

get-photo.asp

get-photo.asp

Last edited:
Good company, good food, and I have to say great weather for an August morning. I'm ready to do it again, but I'm always ready to ride, eat, and talk.Here are a couple of pictures I took when I first got there.
bigpines2_zpsb105fc07.jpg

bigpines1_zps382c7066.jpg

I'll have to check with my scheduler.

I've already checked my scheduler she said I can go Sunday, I have to help take the dog to the groomer Saturday

I've heard good things about this place, wish I could make it this weekend, but work and all...

That said, I am working on a deal where I will be able to make more meet ups in the future (not to mention more family stuff as well). Too soon to tell at this point if it will work out, but for many reasons I am hoping.

Mark -- I'm about 90% certain I'll be there by 8.30. Saturday looks busy... I 'spec I'll be draggin' Sunday morning.

Sounds like a good time to me. If you want we can hit Stagecoach Rd after we eat.

Back