• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

License Plate Frame??

NUTT

Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Last Name
M
This might prove interesting for toll roads....

http://www.mannsmotorsports.com/fastags/

On a seperate note... I need one of those nifty license plate brackets that has the place for the inspection sticker. Anybody know where I can score one?

I need one of these things...

tx2003mc.jpg

The inspection plate is about $5 at any motorcycle shop. If they ain't got one, you need to find a better bike shop. :-P

Or swing by your favorite hardware store for a small sheet, and do a little trimming.

Cool. I guess I should actually look in a bike shop huh?

Thanks,

NUTT said:
This might prove interesting for toll roads....

Or it could get you cited and get confiscated for evidence. $150 down the tubes.

Products like that have been in the Street Rod world
for several years now, mostly used on show cars with
molded in bodywork and no place for a plate, both
electric and vacum versions are available.

NUTT said:
I need one of these things...

tx2003mc.jpg

Last time at BMW of Fort Worth I noticed that their "new and improved" dealer advertising frame includes a place for the inspection sticker...

So rather than having the metal sheet that goes under the plate and frame, it's all one unit...

Maybe a dealer for your bike type has them too...

10-95 said:
Or it could get you cited and get confiscated for evidence. $150 down the tubes.

Eh... don't be such a stick in the mud :mrgreen:

Hey!

I like tar shark, that's a new one on me...

I got all kinds of grief just for wiring my headlights and tail lights to seperate switches in old van I had years ago. The cop just knew I was up to no good, what other reason would I have for turning my tail lights off seperately.

Maybe I'm a party pooper, but I'm not for things that would make motorcyclists look worse than we already do to some folks...I have a hard enough time explaining to EVERYONE AND THEIR MOTHER that I'm not some "crazy wheelie crotch rocket" rider that goes speeding down the highway shoulder.

There's actually a guy I have seen on 35W who has his plate mounted behind his rear wheel. I've been trying to write it down so I can get his plate run, hehe. :mrgreen:

Dyna Sport said:
I got all kinds of grief just for wiring my headlights and tail lights to seperate switches in old van I had years ago. The cop just knew I was up to no good, what other reason would I have for turning my tail lights off seperately.

I had an old Jeep that had an added kill switch for the break lights.

Fuddy Duddies

Bunch of Stick in the muds on this site.
What I think it needs is a flashing light so when it is up the cager on the phone well read "Hang up and Drive!"

Oh as a measure of the world we live in the site disclaimer"FASTAGS are not intended for street use!"

Back