• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

First Gear Granite Jacket

Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Last Name
Edwards
I was over at the Motrcyclecloseouts web site looking at their stuff, and noticed a First Gear Granite Textile Jacket, MSRP $190, on sale for $69. Seems like a good price. I went to the first gear site to read up on it, and compare it to other jackets, namely the Kili 2, but could not find anything.

Anyone here know anything about this jacket, and what other jackets it is comaprable to?

Thanks,
Jeff

I have one from MC Closeouts, I can say that it is road tested to be waterproof. It kept my torso dry on the Marble Falls Pie Run last spring and it is very warm. I have since replaced it with a Hein Gericke Timbuktu mainly because I should have bought the tall in the Granite and it is shorter than I really liked.

It is a great jacket for the money.

bluedogok said:
I have one from MC Closeouts, I can say that it is road tested to be waterproof. It kept my torso dry on the Marble Falls Pie Run last spring and it is very warm. I have since replaced it with a Hein Gericke Timbuktu mainly because I should have bought the tall in the Granite and it is shorter than I really liked.

It is a great jacket for the money.

Do you know how it compares to the Kili II? I know it is not going to be as "nice". I was wondering what the Kili has that they have left off the Granite.

I was wanting the Kili but the price of the Granite is why I went with it at that time. It doesn't have venting, I am very warm natured so anything above the 70 is uncomfortable for me to wear it, but did I mention that it is waterproof? It works very well in heavy rain and therefore is rather warm in warmer weather. The Kili is a better overall jacket with more versatility, but for $69 the Granite is a great winter/spring/rain jacket.

Back