• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Tires

Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Last Name
Church
Ok guy and gals,
Thought I would put an early report on some tires out here.
I ride a Tiger 1050. Had **** trying to find good tires in a 120/70-17 fr. 180/55-17rr. Fitment that would perfom on road as well as light off road. I did not want to run TkC80s. I discovered the Dunlop D616.
- 500 miles so far on these tires and have not been disappointed.
Supreme performance in heavy rain. Ripped through large water puddles without any lulling or handle bar wiggles. Cornering and braking responce in rain was also very good. Felt as though the road was dry! (Still riding with caution)
Dry roads: The tires are quiet and smooth riding. Very good grip and fast responce in tight corners. Very stable and true at high speeds (120 mph +) contrary to some other reviews I had read; no wandering felt.
Gravel: Just as well, very confident on gravel roads. 45- 55mph and the front tire stays true with minimal slipping. I tried a few low speed, full throttle blasts, to get the rear wheel spinning. The bike pushed along in a straight line with a nice roost and did not try and walk off the road. Tires kept their line well cornering too!
So far I am impressed and satisfied with these tires. Have yet to ride some good dirt roads, but as soon as I do, I'll report, as well as wear and mileage! Did I mention; these tires look mean on the bike!

I had to go look the tire up - never heard of it before. Motorcycle Superstore describes it as a sport tire, and doesn't mention anything at all about it being a dual-sport. I did note, though, that it was the OE tire on the Buell Ulysses. Glad you're finding it satisfactory for your purposes. I'm using Michelin A2 (rear) and A3 (front) for pretty much the same reasons, albeit at lower speeds.

I'll read up on thus tire as well.

And look forward to hearing how they fare for you.

Thanks for posting.

Again, thanks for the post its very interesting

Quick summary of these tires.
These were excellent tires! Very good grip and faired well in light off road conditions ( gravel and dirt roads.) Performance in heavy rain was incredible; ripped straight through large puddles at highway speeds without so much as even a slight wiggle!
They seem to wear faster when the bike was heavily loaded or under two up riding. I check tire pressures weekly and was running 36 psi in the front and 42 in the rear. Rear tire finally wore into the indicators at 9000 miles ( not to bad for a soft sport tire) and the front is still rolling with 12000 miles and counting (starting to cup slightly.)
For the money, they have been great tires. I would say a good option for 17" wheeled bikes (sport, ST or ADV) who have limited selection of tires capable of mild off road abilities. I was very pleased by these tires!

I ran several sets, they are actually the old AMA Dunlop rain tire with deeper tread and a different compound.

First OE fitment was the Buell Ulysses

Best tire you will ever run in the rain stick fair for a aggressive tread tire in the twisties

Back