• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Any paved tracks near DFW?

Tx Ex

Reaction score
Anyone know if there are any tracks near DFW for sportbike type riding? I've read things about Laguna Seca in CA and was curious if there is ANYTHING (regardless of whether it is on the GP circuit or not) like that where I am moving? Any information appreciated, thanks!

Tx Ex said:
Anyone know if there are any tracks near DFW for sportbike type riding? I've read things about Laguna Seca in CA and was curious if there is ANYTHING (regardless of whether it is on the GP circuit or not) like that where I am moving? Any information appreciated, thanks!

There is motorsports ranch in cresson (south of FTW). Check out lone star track days and ride smart for there monthly track day. They have a class that costs about $30 more, but you get an instructor and class time to teach/ show you tips to make you faster. I would recomend this to anyone. I have come across cruves on the street that were much slower speeds then I was going and with a little moving around on the bike I took them like they were 45 mile an hour sweepers.

One big warning, track days are addictive ;-)

Also, TWS isn't that far from Dallas. Then there's Oak Hill north of Henderson, but it's for racing and racers. There was an LSTD track day there recently, I think. If you wanna drive to Houston, there's the new MSR Houston and they have their own track days. Then, there's Hallett Motor Racing Circuit up between Oklahoma City and Tulsa, then there's Katy near Houston for mini guys. There's more racing in Texas and more race tracks than anywhere outside of California, I venture to say. It's the second largest motorcycle market, after all. That's how we've produced guys like Freddie Spencer, John Kocinski, Colin Edwards, Ben Spies, Doug Polen, Kevin Schwantz, etc.

But not a single motard track. Sniff. The guy that bought my ramp said he had like eight tracks withing driving distance of his house in California. <sniff>

True enough. I make do with road racing one weekend, flat trackin' the next. :lol: Sure would like to do a motard/supermoto. Did a TT race last year and the jump and extra tight turns (even a right hander, woohoo!:lol:) sure made for a lot of fun. First time I ever did a TT race. Lookin' forward to more.

Jack Giesecke said:
There's more racing in Texas and more race tracks than anywhere outside of California, I venture to say. It's the second largest motorcycle market, after all.
But (IIRC) the closest AMA race weekend is Barber - or Pike's Peak, you know, if you're in the Panhandle.

Scoot safe,
Tom

ColGoodnight said:
But (IIRC) the closest AMA race weekend is Barber - or Pike's Peak, you know, if you're in the Panhandle.

Scoot safe,
Tom

That's always been a problem and I didn't do very many AMA races when I ran AMA for that reason. When I had my AMA license in 80 and 81, all the races were from Florida up the east coast to New Hamshire, across the midwest and northern states, then in California. They weren't even running Pike's Peak at the time, and if I'm not mistaken they've dumped Pike's Peak for the future. That's a good thing IMHO for safety reasons and the fact that I don't think 20 spectators ever showed for that race. That's more likely the reason the AMA is dropping it. They don't really care that much about walls. :rolleyes:

Chirpy said:
But not a single motard track. Sniff. The guy that bought my ramp said he had like eight tracks withing driving distance of his house in California. <sniff>

And who would that be:mrgreen:

Put that Tard to use and lets ride Lime Creek Tomorrow with Cow Creek thrown in.:rider:

I'm in P-Ville now by the way.

Hmm... do any of you Austinites remember the old Malibu Grand Prix? It was bought out by a dealer, but the track is still in the back unused. Maybe we could have someone talk to them to sponsor a motard track day? $20/rider shouldn't be too bad, and the dealership would get advertising out to a bunch of people...

Thoughts? Ideas?

Speaking of Motard racing.... we are in the planning stages of using the newer 1.3 mile circuit at MotorSport Ranch to conduct some real Motard racing in 2008. The kind with pavement and dirt and jumps.....

The 1.3 mile course is already wicked with its tight turns and 60+ feet of elevation changes....

Having Motard races on this track will be wicked fun.

This is great news! Hope it happens.

Speaking of Motard racing.... we are in the planning stages of using the newer 1.3 mile circuit at MotorSport Ranch to conduct some real Motard racing in 2008. The kind with pavement and dirt and jumps.....

The 1.3 mile course is already wicked with its tight turns and 60+ feet of elevation changes....

Having Motard races on this track will be wicked fun.

There's also Eagles Canyon Raceway, now under construction, near Denton. Looks like it's about a month and a half from completion.

Track is way to big for a Tard.

Looks great for a sportbike.

Back