• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Jeff "bung" Hoeft, Fort Worth, Tx.

bung

Reaction score
Here are a few pics of my '02 Speed Triple. :-D

S3B2.jpg

S3B4.jpg

:tab With no windscreen at all, does the windblast bother you? When I got my first bike, it was a Nighthawk 750 without a windscreen. Anytime I started getting up around 60-70mph or more, the wind on my chest started getting uncomfortable, moreso that what I've experienced on cruisers without screens. I'm guessing this has a lot to do with seating positions.

:tab That thing sure is clean! Do you ever ride it? :-P

Adios,

sphpkr said:
Great looking bike! :bigokay:

Yeah, what he said!

I would love to get one, but I am not alowed to get another bike unless unless I sell one first :-(

Cheers,
Tom

Thanks guys! I prefer naked bikes so the windblast is the price I have to pay to look cool :P. Honestly, the wind doesn't bother me too much. I also have the flyscreen with an extra clear windshield attached that I use for longer trips.

bung said:
Thanks guys! I prefer naked bikes so the windblast is the price I have to pay to look cool :P. Honestly, the wind doesn't bother me too much. I also have the flyscreen with an extra clear windshield attached that I use for longer trips.

Do you have pictures of the windshield? How does the flyscreen attach? I have the Triumph flyscreen on my bike and I'm looking for a way to temporarily attach a windshield when needed.

I like the bike. The double round lights look menacing.

How does the single sided swing arm rear wheel stand work? How does it attach?

Rob_S, here is a pic of the Laminar Lip windshield. It's attached with double sided tape and I also drilled and screwed it on.

Lip4.jpg

mrr1150gs, the rear axle is hollow and the rear stand has a large pin that inserts into the axle.

How effective is the Laminar Lip screen at providing some relief from the wind blast? I thought that was a pretty clever device when I first saw it advertised; it looks like the instrument cowling was made for it.

Nice S3, BTW. Very nice indeed. 8)

bung said:
Rob_S, here is a pic of the Laminar Lip windshield. It's attached with double sided tape and I also drilled and screwed it on.

mrr1150gs, the rear axle is hollow and the rear stand has a large pin that inserts into the axle.

Jeff, is this the stock handlebars in this picture? Did you have to move the brake fluid reservoir so that you can lock the fork? I was looking at my bike yesterday and It looks like the reservoir would get in the way of the windshield when locking the fork.

Scratch, it works pretty well at blocking the wind.

Rob_S, The stock bars are on in the pic of the Lip. My reservoir fits right into the part of the Lip that starts to narrow (the area right where the brake hose is in the pic). I had to rotate the brake lever just a bit to get it to clear though.

I got a 919 and love having no screen... as long as it's not the middle of winter DOH!!!

I just gotta lay on the tank when I get way over 100.

I had a little cafe race screen, but didn't like what it did to the steering at faster speeds.

I'll go post a pic or two.

Later.

Back