• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Front fork lift

DanFxr

Reaction score
I have a 2011 GSX 1250FA, getting ready for tires and I would like to know does anyone use a front end lift that lifts by the triple tree?
Is the front fairing or brake lines in the way?

I use a floor jack or my scissor jack under the exhaust collector to hold up the front end. You will need to pull the brake calipers off. I usually just tie my to the handlebars with a piece of soft line. I adjust what ever jack I'm using to where the front tire is just barely touching the ground or table in my case. Undo the cinch bolts at the bottom, undo the axle bolt and slide it out. Then jack the front up higher to help the tire clear the front fender. Course, I assume your bike still has it's centerstand. ;-) Makes it a lot easier.

Yes I still have the centerstand. I will try that.
I am looking at installing a set of Road Pilot 3's

PS : anyone using the harbor freight balancer or is the Venom unit at discount ramps a better product ?
Thanks

I know its common sense but make sure you have a VERY good straight/balanced jack under there otherwise the bike WILL fall over. I know my buddy bought a *** jack that is a bit off on one side and I refuse to trust it under my bike! All you need is a bit too much movement to one side when tugging on the tires, etc. and over the bike goes! :/

With the center stand on the bandit , you really don't have to lift it passed where the stand keeps the bike level. But, I do secure the centerstand with a strap where it can't fold back. Just in case I get excited and do something bad. ;[-))

Who needs a jack?

CAM00042_zps2d77bef0.jpg

Back