PDA

View Full Version : paved loop...

jsb223
04-10-2006, 10:15 AM
2001 DRZ400s stock...

Paved loop, About 130 miles w/ detours...

65-70 mph...

First leg about 50 miles...

Last leg about 80 miles...

50mpg...

Towards the end of the ride, that $280 for a corbin seat is starting to look like a lot better deal...

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v51/jsb357/routes/rt02.jpg

Tourmeister
04-10-2006, 02:02 PM
What about the gas tank size? Stock fine?

jsb223
04-10-2006, 02:37 PM
What about the gas tank size? Stock fine?

50mpg gives me 100 miles to reserve...

The stock seat is only good for about 75 miles so I need a rest before
the bike needs gas, that's why the Corbin remark...

I am looking to upgrade both the tank and the seat...

Georgiapeach
04-17-2006, 10:15 AM
This weekend I checked my mileage on the DR-Z and got 56 mpg on my last tank. Mostly paved miles, moderate pace. So with the stock tank I figure I'm good for at least 140 per tank now. I like my Corbin on the DR-Z, but it is a matter of preference for some, I need the lower seat height it gives you. I am still considering a Clarke tank.

WoodButcher
04-17-2006, 02:05 PM
This weekend I checked my mileage on the DR-Z and got 56 mpg on my last tank. Mostly paved miles, moderate pace. So with the stock tank I figure I'm good for at least 140 per tank now. I like my Corbin on the DR-Z, but it is a matter of preference for some, I need the lower seat height it gives you. I am still considering a Clarke tank.

Georgia, what tires did you decide to go with? Or are you still running the Trailwings?

Georgiapeach
05-05-2006, 02:40 PM
Georgia, what tires did you decide to go with? Or are you still running the Trailwings?

Mark (my husband) talked me into continental TKC 80's - I like them. No noise on the road, traction was good on the last ride, but I did do a little wiggling, so I think I need to air them down on the dirt. I had them at street pressure on our last ride, so actually, they did great. My clarke tank should be here any day now. Ooooo, now I can run with the big boys...as long as they wait for me after each turn...he,he.

WoodButcher
05-05-2006, 09:05 PM
Mark (my husband) talked me into continental TKC 80's - I like them. No noise on the road, traction was good on the last ride, but I did do a little wiggling, so I think I need to air them down on the dirt. I had them at street pressure on our last ride, so actually, they did great. My clarke tank should be here any day now. Ooooo, now I can run with the big boys...as long as they wait for me after each turn...he,he.

I can see I need to ride with you. They are usually waiting for me at the turns.