• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

15k service whats involved?

Reaction score
my 2011 1250 fa,(aka:the betty )has hit the 15k mark, dropped it off at the shop (trusted local indie shop, not a dealership) for the 15k valve check, along with rear swingarm and steering head bearing check /lube, and a throttle body sync. anything else need gone thru for this service. I know, I know, I really need to get a shop manual. I have the tools and skill to do it myself but at this point its simpler to have them do it than schedule a day or more in the garage to do it myself. Im more than a little ashamed to have someone else work on my bike, but I dont have a free day anymore and wont have till my current project is finished.

one of those life lessons I didn't learn until now, if you quit your job and refuse to comeback without a massive pay increase and they actually give it to you to get you back they will want to see you sweat blood, I'm lucky to get 1 day/week away from work now. (I didn't really think they would go for it, or else I would have left years ago, didn't plan on coming back at all but nearly doubling your salary is not one of those things you turn down.)

also where do I order a shop manual ? one of these days I will have time to do my own work again and will need one.

<Please do not post unauthorized links to copyrighted material.>

.I ran a search on the Bandit and came up with this. It's for the 07 but there is not a big difference except added fairing pieces.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back