• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Llano recommendations

Reaction score
I have a rare Sunday/Monday off this weekend and am thinking about heading to Llano for a couple days of dual sport riding. Last weekend I did salt branch loop and mill creek road. Since I am and was by myself, James river road crossing is not on the list. Can you recommend some good roads in the Llano area? What's better, 315-308 or 412-413? I am just looking at the butler map for broken lines at this point. Any hints as to what is cool would be appreciated.
****, if someone wants to go PM me.:rider:

I guess most of you were looking for recomendations instead of sharing them. Sorry if the title was misleading. Anyway, I rode two days in the Llano area and had a blast. As it turns out, the Butler map had plenty to keep me busy. I did seek out the very first listing they had for a dual sport road. It is Fly Gap Road. It was probably the prettiest road that I did. Very worth taking the time to get to. Just west of the south end of Fly Gap Road is Spiller Mine Road which starts out climbing and runs to top of the hills for a great veiw. Among other roads that I liked was Salt Branch Loop, Geistweidt Road, 315 to 308 and Hickory Grove road. Most roads were fairly tightly packed pink granite sand. Twice I ran across the road grading trucks. Made me think of skiing on fresh powder. The road that hugs the Llano river into Castell was also very scenic. Lots more to explore in the area.

Sorry, I was off in Arkansas and never noticed your post. Sounds like you found some good stuff to ride.

Fly Gap was much better(for DS fun) before they graded it this spring. Spiller Mine is a great road also.

You could ride for days out there , 290 to the south , the LLano river on the west , 29 on the north and 16 on the east . There is a road along the LLano river down by Junction that is one of the top 10 in Texas for me . SEYA

Back