• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

I don't usually join, but---

Reaction score
First Name
Jimmy
Last Name
Nunley
I found this link on the Wyzards Kawasaki Voyager forum. I like the Texas based format on this site. I started out on a 2001, 750 ACE. My wife was a good sport about the "back seat" for two years, but we finally bought a 2003 Voyager so that she could be comfortable also. I rode the ACE solo from Odessa to Sturgis and back. Took the long way home and saw Wyoming and Utah. We took the Voyager to Ashville NC and pulled a utility trailer with camping gear. This year we bought a Roll-a-Home popup and will be heading for Washington State and British Columbia. When you live in Odessa, it is about 200 miles to the first curve in the road or the first 100 feet of elevation change, so you might as well pack a lunch and keep on riding. Jimmy

Howdy Jimmy!

:tab Welcome to the site :wave: You guys are very lucky to have the time to travel together! You've been to some great places! Utah is up there on my list of must visit again... That place is just amazing. I look forward to hearing about your trips!

Hi
Jimmy! I live in Odessa also my wife and I hang out at StarBucks(She works there) Come by and have a cup of coffee sometime! Her name is Marie I'm Carl, I ride a Gold 96 GSXR stop by sometime!
13413gixbeach-med.jpg

SRAD

Jodetex said:
I found this link on the Wyzards Kawasaki Voyager forum. I like the Texas based format on this site. I started out on a 2001, 750 ACE. My wife was a good sport about the "back seat" for two years, but we finally bought a 2003 Voyager so that she could be comfortable also. I rode the ACE solo from Odessa to Sturgis and back. Took the long way home and saw Wyoming and Utah. We took the Voyager to Ashville NC and pulled a utility trailer with camping gear. This year we bought a Roll-a-Home popup and will be heading for Washington State and British Columbia. When you live in Odessa, it is about 200 miles to the first curve in the road or the first 100 feet of elevation change, so you might as well pack a lunch and keep on riding. Jimmy

A touring rider for a change! :mrgreen: Been to Sturgis once. Was going to do the same thing you did a second time, long way back, see Jellystone, but wife got hit by a car the day before I was to leave. Bummer. Busted her up pretty good, too. Of course, the trip got cancelled.

I got an OldWing. The Voyager'll pull it's teeth out with all that torque, ridden 'em. Nice tourer! Don't like workin' on 'em, but nice tourer. :lol2: We got lotsa "adventure tour" types and "sport tour" types on this board, but few pure touring types. Kinda AC/DC myself. If I had a KLR, I'd be an adventure tourer, too. :lol2:

I know a fellow from the Odessa/Midland area, race with him, parents on a Honda dealership out there. You know Jason Heller???? Nice guy and a natural/fast rider.

Welcome Jimmy, sounds like you and the wife have a great time on your trips. We'll look forward to hearing about some of your exploits.

Thanks for the welcome. Sorry for the late reply. We rode to Possum Kingdom lake for the Easter weekend. Came back and left town for a week of audits. Carl, I'll try to stop by Starbucks sometime.
Jack, I never met Jason. We hung out at the motocross tracks in the mid'70s but haven't done that in many years.

Hey Jimmy,welcome to TWT. I was born and raised in Odessa and my parents and brother still live out there. I'll likely make a trip out there sometime this summer on the new bike. Maybe I'll be able to meet you and Carl at that Starbucks for a cup of coffee sometime.

Back