• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Custom molded ear plugs in Fort Worth?

jbh

Reaction score
First Name
Brad
Last Name
Henderson
I am looking to get some custom molded ear plugs made for me. I found a guy in Plano that will make them for $45 but I was hoping some one would know of a place around Fort Worth. I did find one place but they cost $120.

Anyone have any ideas?

Check with a gun shop in the area. Many times there are vendors set up at the larger gun shows that can make them and the gun shop may know one of these that has a local business in the area.

Stop by Eurosport, there is a guy's card on the counter that will come to you to do them, or more than likely, he will probably be at the open house at Eurosport on Saturday the 22nd.

Thanks for the info. I was there yesterday and did not even think about it, but I will call them. If I go back I am afraid I will test ride the Sprint ST and that could be expensive, way more than the earplugs.

I'd be interested to know who the guy in Plano that will do them for $45. I've been using the disposible ones but they just don't fit well in my ears. I've been wanting to go back to the custom plugs.

Here is the info that I was given by a fellow rider. I called the guy and he is very nice, he does it on the side, it is not his full time job.

The original case for my earplugs says, "db Specialties" 3813 Carrizo Dr., Plano, Texas 75074. Phone number is 972.578.1829.
It also lists www.freehearingtest.com which is somehow associated with db Specialties...they might know of someone closer to where you live.

EVERYONE I know who has tried the custom molded plugs swears they will never go back to foam.

Thanks for the info!!! I'm definitely going to check them out!

My ears are ringing and now I know why..... I'm the Ear Plug guy in Plano, Chuck Dade. I just made Larry Gates a set this evening and he told me how he found me - through this fine forum! Thanks to all for the references. JBH (above post) must have an older case with the sticker label, so I guess his plugs are holding out pretty well after a few years of use. Larry is going to give his new plugs a work out, so I'm sure he'll let us know how well they work. My schedule and products can be seen at www.db-specialties.com. Thanks!

dbspec,
I was the one who called you last week. I was trying to find a time to come to Plano but never settled on anything. Looks like I will not be at the shoot in late april at alpine but hopefully I can work out a time to get it done.

I am glad you are getting some business from this forum.

Brad.

Just wanted to report back on the earplugs Chuck made for me (and my son). GREAT product!!! We tested them quite a bit today and they were comfortable, easy to put in and did their job quite well. I could hear what I needed to hear but it blocked a ton of the annoying wind noise out. I highly recommend these earplugs!! Thanks again Chuck!!

Chuck made a set of plugs for me tonight and they are great. I've been using custom plugs for years, but my dog decided to eat one of them and I needed a new set. After reading the reports here, I set up an appointment and he finished the set in less than an hour.

I rode 25 miles back to the house and the plugs performed perfectly. Blocked most of the wind noise while still allowing me to hear traffic around the bike. They are much more comfortable than foam plugs since there is no pressure against the inside of your ear canal.

It's very obvious that Chuck cares about his customers, too. He took a lot of time checking my helmet for clearance around my ears, explaining how to make sure the plugs stay in place when I put on my helmet, and just discussing how the products work for different applications.

Great products, great customer service and a great price. You can't ask for much more than that.

I talked to Chuck today and he is going to be at Apline Shooting Range (SE Fort Worth) this Saturday (5/27) for a shoot. I am going to ride out around 10am and have him make me some plugs. I thought I would post this for anyone who does not want to drive all the way to Plano.

Back