• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Assignment #117, Fall (ENTRY)

Reaction score
First Name
Nathan
Last Name
Seery
Use this thread for posting your entry into assignment #117.

No discussion till after the close on Oct 28th and the posting of the winner.

p901980142-4.jpg

Okay, times up, let's look at the options.

Larry, I agree, Fall means the State Fair. This time around, we got a new Big Tex.
Quibbles: I would have cropped the left side in just a tad more to get rid of the Tower building and even the space between fingers and frame edge on both sides. I'm drawn to his boots. That's as much the designers fault as anything else.
I like the sense that it's really crowded (boy it really was the last day!)

Kory, you practically cheated. Cute kids somehow always get extra points.
I love the short DoF.

Winner: Kory. :clap:

Yeah, one look a Kory's and it was game over. :mrgreen: I just left my card in the camera.

Congratulations, Kory. Great photo.

I knew I was beat as soon as I saw your entry; she is such a cutie. Even the 'new' Big Tex can't compete with a beauty like that.

I look forward to the next Subject.

Isn't it funny (interesting) that more than a few of us have shots in mind or in the camera and one pops up and we all just kind of know where it's going? I sure do. I saw Kory's little cutie and said "meh - not this time.....". :sun:

I really do like the Big Tex and how the sky at the top fades to the background of the forum though. Almost like the image has been inserted here.

:lol2:

Thanks guys. I haven't been shooting as much as I'd like lately. The picture is, of course, one of my beautiful daughter. This year marked our 3rd trip to get some pumpkin pictures. It fit the topic, I hadn't submitted anything in a while, so I figured I'd cheat. :mrgreen:

Back