• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Renntec installation

Kelsen

Reaction score
20131011_182546-1.jpg

20131011_183650.jpg

Before I do anything I might regret....

the instructions for my engine guards say to "remove the M10 nuts from the front and rear engine studs and the M10 screw from the bottom bracket."

That's M10 screw, singular. It looks clearly to me that the guard is attached to the bottom bracket by removing the two hex nuts, rather than the screw.

Can anyone tell me if the documentation is wrong, or if I am?

Thanks.

RFT!!!
Dave Kelsen
--
"What a wonderful life I've had! I only wish I'd realized it sooner." -- Anonymous

To follow up, it seems clear that RennTec sent the US distributor the wrong parts; I found what the connections are supposed to look like on another forum, and it's not the bars I have (although they sent the right instruction sheet...)

Sigh.

Another 10-15 days, I suppose.

RFT!!!
Dave Kelsen
--
“It's a catastrophic success.” -- Stephen Bishop

I found the instructions on the guards I installed a bit short on explanation also. Had been riding for about 4 years and 50,000 miles without them. Put them on last year and dang if they didn't save my engine case from a rock hole last May when I went down in Texas avoiding a deer in a turn. I forget the brand. ;-)

After some conversation with Randy Raduechel, the operator of MotoBars (http://www.motobars.com/), RennTec has modified their design for the GSF1250S to mount using the two hex-insert frame mount bolts rather than the large motor mount bolt.

I guess I'll give this a try. The instructions included pictures of the old, unmodified bars, so I was sure I had the wrong part.

RFT!!!
Dave Kelsen
--
Predestination was doomed from the start.

Back