• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Assignment #118: B&W Free-For-All (ASSIGNMENT)

Reaction score
First Name
Kory
Last Name
Burleson
Use this thread for posting your comments, and/or current/prior work for Assignment #118: "B&W Free-For-All".

Between my love of black & white photography and my hope to get lots of participation, the assignment this go-round is simply to post the best black and white image you can come up with between now and the assignment end date. Landscape, bike shot, portrait... all will work.

Specifics:
1) Camera phone, point & shoot, DSLR, or even film; all shooters are welcome and encouraged to participate!
2) Post processing is allowed for this assignment.
3) All forum posting rules apply regarding suitability of an image to post.
4) Your photograph has to have been taken between now and Monday, November 11th at midnight.

Woohoo! I like me some black and white.

ColoradoDualSport-22.jpg

BRCJulyPhotoShoot-2.jpg

BRCJulyPhotoShootredo-1.jpg

JessieM-1_zps4394d600.jpg

CorkscrewPass-1.jpg

what about sepia? or want to keep it pure b&w?

Water+Light+Dance+3-2.png

photo.jpg

20130203_145120.jpg

Colby,
Were some of those using film? The grain (or grain reproduction) is stunning.

I went out today and tonight, took a few shots around Elgin. Shot in both RAW and jpeg. Lightroom 4: I'm not very good at editing but getting better. Haven't figured out how to save an image to jpeg and shrink it down to an internet friendly size. I should have an entry here soon.

In the Export dialog box, the third thing down says File Settings. Select .jpg from the dropdown option to get it in that format.

Then, a bit further down, in Image Sizing, enter some number for the Resize To Fit and check Longside. What does is make the longest side of the image whatever you tell it. (since I upload full size images to SM, from there I can select the size which displays here) If you go 800pixels, that will be 8" on the longest side and not overwhelm most folks screens.

Back