• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

"Most Improved" contest

Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Last Name
Zuniga
I'm on several forums where I've instituted a "Most Improved" contest, why not have one here?

Anyway...

RULES:
1. Any TwTex.Com member can enter.
2. One entry per member, per year. MEMBER MUST BE THE BIKE'S OWNER.
3. Must be REASONABLY COMPLETE AND RUNNING when submitted.
4. Submissions must include at least one "before", and one "after" photo, and a short write-up of the bike's specifications. As long as you keep it relatively short, you can include any interesting story involving the bike.
5. Submissions begin December 1st, and close on December 15th
6. Voting begins upon close of submissions and posting of candidates, voting ends on Dec. 25th.
7. Most votes wins, 2nd highest total gets runner-up award.
8. Projects can only be submitted once, no re-submissions from past years and/or in future years.

We are not concerned with whether the member did all of the work themselves, or even whether they did ANY of the work themselves. The spirit of the contest and award is that the bike belongs to one of our members, they rebuilt it or had it rebuilt, and it has become part of our forum.

Photos SHOULD be straight side-on shots in decent light, in focus, best size is 800 pixels wide @ 300 dpi (will result in less than or about 100K file size).

This is a very subjective contest because entries may be wildly different bikes, and member's preferences WILL vary!

I have no idea what the winner and runner-up may end up receiving, but we're wide open to donations of prizes. I'll throw in at least one signed copy of my book, so it won't be JUST bragging rights.

So, you've still got a month and a half before the final cut-off, SO LET'S GET THE BIKES DONE AND ROLLING ONTO THE STAGE!

I can't believe no one has replied to this.....This IS the vintage, classic and project thread is it not?

I have some great before pica of my 650 nighthawk! As soon as my budget improves after pics will follow!:trust:

I like this, and think my Connie is a great candidate. I'll be getting started in December, so it works out for me for next year's award.

The photo below is kinda before, but not really, since I'd already done some stuff to it, such as getting it cleaned up some & running.

CIMG1258-1.jpg

Edit: here's a slightly earlier photo - primered tank & test fit of Jardine criss-cross exhaust system. note original headlight bracket & handlebar turn signals.... and those ridiculous stock ape hanger handlebars. :loco:
KZ-JRDNS-4.jpg

Edit: after installing 750E exhaust system & refurbished wheels w new tires. nos case savers. nos seat cover.
Apr04-10-5.jpg

Edit: peeling paint on Fr Br mc. The bmw med tall street handlebars in this pic have since been replaced w Euro bars.
Also, new Dyna coils w homemade mounting brackets & Ninja 500 R/R have been installed since this pic. deceptive photo.
l3OqGwl.jpg

So the contest is over with a winner but in keeping this thread from going to waste I'll throw in my little project, I picked up this 05 883 a little over a year ago for a bargain, it had been sitting and needed some TLC, first up was tires and brakes, in the first picture I had just removed the forward controls and replaced the mid pegs, since then she has had the 1200 conversion, I changed most everything to suit my taste in what I want in a sportster, I searched for a year for the R model tank in the matching blue, progressive springs front and rear, the list is too long but here's before and after.
d5d2453f-3053-4d99-8af5-6f3bc2669036_zps0d6ecc48.jpg
be895b49-6df3-4561-892e-39bc5b3b5fd5_zps807524a9.jpg

Since there was no competition, we'll let this one slide and do it right for 2014.

Back