• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

AUSTIN: Austin to Gatesville MnGnE - 11/10/13

It looks like a fun, deer-free route. Mark me down as a yes. It looks like a 40 percent chance of rain on Sunday, but that should be isolated in nature.

RB

Hey Slim...
Your route looks pretty good.. but I'd suggest a bit of a difference at Levita.
CR102 is not paved all the way to FM932. Turn on CR106 to 101 & then 100 into Purmela on FM932. This is the route we run all the time. I've got other nice little roads you can try too. Just gimme a call if ya want... Rod
2 five for- 7 TuTu - Too OH OH five

Hey Slim...
CR102 is not paved all the way to FM932. Turn on CR106 to 101 & then 100 into Purmela on FM932. This is the route we run all the time. I've got other nice little roads you can try too. Just gimme a call if ya want... Rod

But.... we like not paved..:trust:

I'm a quite possible for this one. Spending Saturday at WurstFest :chug:

So, hmmmm....

Hey Slim...

Thanks for the suggestion Rod, had to reverse track it as we'll be coming into Gatesville from that direction.

On the east side I was looking for paved routes to go south from Cego to Durango to Wesphalia. I'll give you a call tonight.

Greg... Try this one on for fit.....

From Kempner on FM2313 go north till the road turns west then take CR3220 right... Go past the 3 way stop to CR3270 north & follow to FM580 crossing on CR3640. Stay on the pavement (kinda pockmarked here & there...like the roads we were on at Cameron) & you'll end up in Izoro on FM1690. Just a bit north take the turnoff for Hillsdale Cemetery (CR113?)...changes to Slater Rd all the way to FM1783. At the first R/H curve on 1783 take a left on CR139 heading to Pearl FM183 & north from there to Purmela on the current route.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Thomas... I like a little gravel here & there too.... but jus figgered the group would be on streety bikes this time.

I'm officially out as I have received that magical electronic voice saying, "Telestaff Calling".

If you're riding with us after lunch.... I'll be tailoring the route so folks can drop off whenever they feel the need to "head to tha shed". Generally a ride from about 12:30-1PM till 3 or 4PM staying in the nearby vicinity while hitting some of the nicer CRs (PAVED). The road conditions are mostly good around Gatesville but we will encounter cattle guards...(& cattle).. possibly a low water crossing or two (concrete)... & a few spots where the county may be patchin the road (short gravel spots).

If we have more than 12 folks wanting to ride .... we'll split it up into two groups... possibly with one as a more streety bike oriented (more FMs) jaunt.

And remember, you can always head straight back after eating on your own. Plan on about 1.5 hours the direct route.

What's the expected return time?

The return route is 150miles which takes about three hours so leaving by 12:30 would make the estimated return around 3:30. You can of course get back quicker by going south on IH35 from Eddy.

Thanks for signing on. See yall in the morning.

Dead Goose on the side of the road.........it's 3 o'clock and I just got home. Thanks for the heip though there was nothing that could be done. It took a couple of hours for the tow to get there,Cycle Lift was who I was told was coming but got picked up by T.I.P. Tow from Georgetown on a large tilt bed truck instead. They had all the right straps and knew how to use them.
There was a pecan tree nearby so I had a few, then someone from the Church across the street brought me a plate from their Sunday dinner. All said it's the journey not the destination. Not a bad day except for the towing charge!!!!
Bike was showing 11.7 volts when I checked after getting back, AF1 doesn't open till Tuesday so my best guess is something is shorting somewhere. Didn't try to start it and fry it any worse.......

Dead Goose on the side of the road.........it's 3 o'clock and I just got home. Thanks for the heip though there was nothing that could be done. It took a couple of hours for the tow to get there,Cycle Lift was who I was told was coming but got picked up by T.I.P. Tow from Georgetown on a large tilt bed truck instead. They had all the right straps and knew how to use them.
There was a pecan tree nearby so I had a few, then someone from the Church across the street brought me a plate from their Sunday dinner. All said it's the journey not the destination. Not a bad day except for the towing charge!!!!
Bike was showing 11.7 volts when I checked after getting back, AF1 doesn't open till Tuesday so my best guess is something is shorting somewhere. Didn't try to start it and fry it any worse.......

Glad to hear you made it home. Sorry we couldn't do more. Just walked in the door myself. Good riding with you. Nice guzzi.

Enjoyed the ride with everyone else as well. 346 miles door to door for me. Thanks for letting me tag along. Hopefully you'll see more of me in the future.

Last edited:
Bummer about the Guzzi. Hope it gets well soon.

It was a beautiful day spent on a designer route from NT_Slim. My GPS said 288 miles door to door. It was my pleasure riding with you all. Thank again Slim for your leadership.

edapu5ug.jpg

ygetyza3.jpg

heresaqy.jpg

3e4etyte.jpg

u6e8enaq.jpg

y9ubyvyh.jpg

reja9u2e.jpg

mapazypa.jpg

6y8yzu2e.jpg

uru6y7eq.jpg

jeqyqary.jpg

amamaned.jpg

abune7ah.jpg

Sent by Tapatalk

Last edited:
Thanks Greg for leading the ride! It was perfect weather. Good pictures Robb. Jeeplite, I hope you get the Guzzi back soon.

Looking forward to the next group ride fellow TwTexan's.

:rider:

RB

Thanks for letting me tag along after I saw you all at the Shell in Kempner. Enjoyed lunch and the route led by Greg. Great turn out. Will definitely do this again.

Great ride gentlemen.
Looking forward to the next one.
See y'all at lunch this week.

Thanks everyone for signing on and making it an enjoyable adventure. Sorry to have to leave a man in the field. Who's putting together the jumper cable group buy?

Great pics Soda. Here you are doing some ride sharing with Red.
picture.php

Back