• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

WANTED: GoPro Helmet Mount

Reaction score
First Name
Brotha
Last Name
J
Hey y'all!

I lost my trusty mini cam sometime this year.

So now it's time to make good use of a GoPro Digital Hero 3 that a gracious member donated to me a while ago.

Problem is I haven't been able to find the right hardware, in-store, locally. I didn't really want to order online. Anyone out there near the Rockwall area. have GoPro mounting hardware that would work for a full face helmet?

I use standard go pro 3m mounts. Work great, thin a pack of them is about $20 most sporting good stores or cycle gear caring them.

Yes, I've seen those sticky mounts nearby. But, their helmet mounts are for skater/bicycle helmets. I found a setup on youtube today that matches what I'd like to try.

How is a skater helmet different from a moto?
Just use the curved sticky mount that comes wit the gopro.
I have one on my street and two dirt helmets.

How is a skater helmet different from a moto?
Just use the curved sticky mount that comes wit the gopro.
I have one on my street and two dirt helmets.

[valley girl accent] Um, duh! Because the package says so. :doh: [/valley girl accent]

Just messing dude. :rofl:

I hafta admit my total lack of knowledge about this. I actually thought that the package was the final word.

So, I'm wrong? I can use the bike helmet hardware on a moto helmet?

[valley girl accent] Um, duh! Because the package says so. :doh: [/valley girl accent]

I hafta admit my total lack of knowledge about this. I actually thought that the package was the final word.

Yeah the sticky thing doesn't care what it's stuck too.

Yes.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/camera-...pp04-134?id=1218249514954&skuId=1004695&st=go pro mounts&cp=1&lp=4

These worked at 150mph+
Can find at wally world, academy, bestbuy etc
Skydivers use them all the time!

I'm not close, but I have a helmet strap. If I were you, though, I would not use it. I have it and do not use it. It's not secure. It's okay but a good gust can take it away from you.

I can go to Target and get you a package of curved adhesive mounts. $30 for four or five mounts (can't remember how many come in a bag) and shipping. I have these mounts on both my lids and in four places on my bike. I had doubts about their staying put but I have not had a single failure. Wi[e the area with alcohol, stick the mount to it, and you're good for a long time. I run a tether just in case, but never failed.

vov7kVS.jpg

^Camera's been there for 300 miles so far with some aggressive riding.

I'm going to see if I can't find some adhesive pads around town. But, it's been a while since I've noticed any mounts available in my neck of the woods.

Yep, REI and BestBuy around here have all the mounts just about.

I'm going to see if I can't find some adhesive pads around town. But, it's been a while since I've noticed any mounts available in my neck of the woods.

I've got some of the stick-on helmet mounts- I'd give you one for the cost of a beer. :D

They're Hero2 but I'm pretty sure the mounts are universal GoPro three-to-two finger mounts.

I've got some of the stick-on helmet mounts- I'd give you one for the cost of a beer. :D

They're Hero2 but I'm pretty sure the mounts are universal GoPro three-to-two finger mounts.

I might hafta take you up on that.

I'm afraid, my friends, the big box stores have mostly stopped carrying stuff for Gopro; market just ain't big enough here in small town Rockwall. But, let me recheck my local yocals just to be sure.

PayPal me $25 and I'll send you a 6-pack of mounts. They have 3 curved (helmets and such) and three flat (fairings and such). I just bought a pack today from Wal-Mart. I'll send you a single mount for $5.

I bet Rockwall Honda has them, if crossing the lake and going into Dallas is not an option

I'll check out Honda next time I'm there. But they don't really sell much in stores and what they do sell is waaaaay over-priced.

This time of year I am on a very short leash with extraneous purchases. Plus, the TV went out in the daughter's playroom this past weekend. So, we "need" to replace it pretty soon to take advantage of the few sales going on this year.

I didn't really want to order online. Anyone out there near the Rockwall area have GoPro mounting hardware that would work for a full face helmet?

Still trying to keep the credit card hounds at bay.

I might hafta take you up on that.

I'm afraid, my friends, the big box stores have mostly stopped carrying stuff for Gopro; market just ain't big enough here in small town Rockwall. But, let me recheck my local yocals just to be sure.

I was just in Bestbuy a few days ago and they had a full rack of GoPro stuff. Also pretty much any Cycle Gear has a full rack of the stuff.

I am looking for a flat surface mount not the curved ones as I have plenty of curved helmet mounts.

$5 if you have one in the DFW area.

Thanks!

I am looking for a flat surface mount not the curved ones as I have plenty of curved helmet mounts.

$5 if you have one in the DFW area.

Thanks!

As said throughout the rest of this thread...Best Buy, Wal-Mart, any motorcycle dealership, etc...

Back