• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

WACO AREA: NOW IN BELTON Feb 15-16th CYCLEDELIC HIPPIE'S MIDWINTER HAPPENIN/Swap Meet

Cycledelic Relic

Forum Supporter
Reaction score
First Name
Rod
Last Name
Powers
2-8-14 UPDATE...
ALLRIGHT.... you've waited patiently & now we kno....
RICK M HAS OFFERED UP HIS BUSINESS LOCATION (M &B AUTO SERVICE) JUST OFF I35 ON 6TH ST IN BELTON.

M&B Auto Repair
1101 e 6th ave
Belton, Tx. 76513
Rick M. Owner. 254-718-0285

Heated shop with rest room and plenty of parking .
If y'all want coffee someone needs to bring a coffee pot I don't own one.

THE EVENT WILL HAPPEN THERE NEXT WEEKEND FEB 15-16TH FROM 8AM TO 5PM EACH DAY.

AN AUCTION (silent) WILL BE HELD EACH DAY WITH THE HIGH BIDDER (over reserve) TAKIN HOME A CLASSIC SUZUKI OR HONDA (provided by Mitchell's... thanx Tim! & Susan!)

This location doesn't have pegboard or hooks ta hang stuff on so ya'll need ta bring tables or shelves if ya need display space for yer stuff.

There are bunches of restaurants nearby if ya'll want ta grab a bite while in town. Miller's BBQ has been highly rated in Texas Monthly (Rick's brother Dirk)...
Schoepf's BBQ is just blocks away too. Mungia's BBQ is in Heidenheimer closeby but only open Fri & Sat evenings

Rick providing camping at the shop for those coming from afar & wanting to stay both days. Please let him kno if you wanna stay the night Saturday.

PLEASE POST A REPLY NOW IF YOU ARE INTERESTED IN THIS EVENT

Mr2mch- boots,leathers,helmets,tank bags tail bags,saddlebags,jackets,Honda Urban Express basket case. VTX1300 exhaust. CT90-110 stuff..1500 Goldwing dress up goodies & side cases. 99 R6 stuff. Hawk GT stuff. R1200GS accys. F650GS stuff. Cycle chock. Harbor Freight bike lift. various doodads & hootys
BUTLER MAPS & TYE DYED TEXAS STICKERS AT SPECIAL PRICES
EVERYONE GETS A FREE MOTORCYCLE MAGAZINE (Cycle World.. Motorcyclist or Rider) ENGLISH MAGS FOR SALE TOO

Golfpro-jackets pants helmets backpacks various parts & accys + '72 Suxuki TS90s & TC90 also a MINT Honda Gyro Scooter to be auctioned

Dave Alvarado - I've got a pile of gear and probably some parts I could bring down

Zephyr

wildernessrider

Rick M - 2012 ADVersys 1978 Honda CT90 + lots of gear accys & parts

Gravel Guy

slowoldguy - kitchen sink

Liteitup - maybe Sunday

sailorman
thumper tx
o matic
fotoTEX

Ghostrider1964 - GPS Mounts, brackets, bike parts, old gear before I outgrew it

bowtie39 - Don't have a huge offering of goods but will be there with some stuff

billtex07

jsb223 - A few jackets, a couple helmets, some tires, ZRX seat and lamimar lip, misc bike
comm and other misc MC stuff.I've got a box of other misc ZRX parts that might make the trip assuming it can be found.

Kickstand Prophet

sodapop

Andrew T - GSXR600, KTM 625SXC, various bike parts. Adding a pair of Clif cut Happy Trails Cascade panniers, as well as a set of Vee Rubber KLR tires. I'll be offering the well travelled stock Tenere racks and panniers as well. I also propose to bring the Redneck Toy Hauler, available for sale intact or as the 8' poptop slide in camper alone. If separated, I will keep the trailer. I will also have various bike parts, including but not limited to a new Cyclerack for a first gen KLR, a complete rear wheel for same, and if not sold with the KTM, a new 640 ADV rear wheel with cush drive.

Waco

Bob Dahringer - I have a few small items to bring

Gilk51 - I have a couple of tank bags, a couple of 'Strom seats, some light strings, and probably some other stuff that I can dig out

KamLeeR - A few things such as: 2 dirt bike helmets, winter snowmobile bibs, stock KLX 250 S exhaust, and I'm sure a few more knick Knacks

RockmanTex - I am bring helmets, jackets, pants, chaps, tire, pump, luggage liners, dual sport stuff, Wee oem shock, rotopax, windshields, gloves, tank bags, seat pads, gerbing electric jacket & socks, and a bunch of other stuff.

Woodbutcher - I have the Rev'it jacket I have listed in the for sale, stock BMW hand guards for a R1200GS and GSA, at least one set of handle bars. I know I have more useful parts stashed in the garage.

Hardy Baker - I'm bringing my 1969 Mach 3 Kawasaki and my DR650 and a van full of gear and various parts. Saturday only.

Moody Blues

Markusarealuis - I have some stuff I would like to bring to this event. A couple of bikes too

>>>>YOU ONLY NEED TO SHOW UP WITH YOUR ITEMS TO SELL...

THANX EVERYONE.. FOR WAITING TO FIND OUT THE DETAILS...

THIS IS GONNA B GOOD!!!

Re: POSSIBILITY>>The first CYCLEDELIC HIPPIE'S MID-WINTER HAPPENIN (Swap Meet'N Eat)

Sounds like a great idea. I hope it works out.

Steve

Re: POSSIBILITY>>The first CYCLEDELIC HIPPIE'S MID-WINTER HAPPENIN (Swap Meet'N Eat)

Fantastic plan - I've got everything from a 1st Gen KLR Cyclerack that's never been mounted to a '98 Gixxer 600 parts bike that has a title and might almost run! Sign me up but soon.

I need you to do this , I have tons of stuff I can bring to the function.

I have m/c gear, camping stuff, and bike accessories I need to move. I look forward to it.

Steve

Tempting depending on what day of the week it is on. It could be called The Motorcycle Trading Post or Trading Spokes swap meet. I might be interested in helping with the cooking also.

I'm interested!

Fantastic plan - I've got everything from a 1st Gen KLR Cyclerack that's never been mounted to a '98 Gixxer 600 parts bike that has a title and might almost run! Sign me up but soon.

Ya kno... You jus might go back home with one less bike.... I'd bet there's a buyer who jus needs a closer pick up point... like Waco

I need you to do this , I have tons of stuff I can bring to the function.

Count on it

I have m/c gear, camping stuff, and bike accessories I need to move. I look forward to it.

Steve

I'm hopin this event will be tailor made for us gear-heads. As ya'lls fearless leader at this get together.. I'll be responsible for loggin all your stuff in on the "inventory" book with the prices & phone #s for contact if need be.
I'm glad that a lot of folks here have trusted my abilities in the past & wanna make this an enjoyable "happenin" for everybody.

Tempting depending on what day of the week it is on. It could be called The Motorcycle Trading Post or Trading Spokes swap meet. I might be interested in helping with the cooking also.

>>>>The first CYCLEDELIC HIPPIE'S MID-WINTER HAPPENIN<<<<
done beet ya to it Drew.

It'll be over a weekend... prob Saturday or Sat & Sunday... I'll kno more with responses comin in. I don't think we'll get too involved with the cookin... Just some simple good eatin for whoever wants ta hang out.

I've got a few things that need new homes. Great idea!

As I have rebuilt my garage, I have found all kinds of stuff for bikes. GPS Mounts, brackets, bike parts, old gear before I outgrew it...now if I could just find a home for all the Jeep parts and truck parts...TOO MUCH JUNK!:giveup:
Just tell me when...I may start some selling now...

Sounds great, I'd be in for this. I've got a pile of gear and probably some parts I could bring down.

If it happens, I'd be happy to truck stuff down for other DFW folks if you'd rather just drive to my house instead of to Waco.

Re: JAN/FEB 2014>>The first CYCLEDELIC HIPPIE'S MID-WINTER HAPPENIN (Swap Meet'N Eat)

This sounds interesting...
:popcorn:

I've got a few things that need new homes. Great idea!

As I have rebuilt my garage, I have found all kinds of stuff for bikes. GPS Mounts, brackets, bike parts, old gear before I outgrew it...now if I could just find a home for all the Jeep parts and truck parts...TOO MUCH JUNK!:giveup:
Just tell me when...I may start some selling now...

Sounds great, I'd be in for this. I've got a pile of gear and probably some parts I could bring down.

If it happens, I'd be happy to truck stuff down for other DFW folks if you'd rather just drive to my house instead of to Waco.

The Event's sales will be limited to motorcycle oriented accessories, gear, parts & tools.... Bikes ..either running, rebuilders or for parts.
ALL I ASK IS...... Ya'll please remember to clearly tag your items with any info like model or P/N, bike it fits, mens/womens, how much used...etc. also...Make sure the tag is fastened so as to not come off inadvertently.
& OF COURSE YOUR NAME & CELL PH #

Re: JAN/FEB 2014>>The first CYCLEDELIC HIPPIE'S MID-WINTER HAPPENIN (Swap Meet'N Eat)

Count me in too! Lots of stuff to sell.

This idea reminded me of a similar thing in the bicycle community called Frankenbike.

They use a different location each month and often have food vendors and such. Bicycle related businesses often sponsor the event in their parking lot, and some will even provide refreshing frosty beverages and such.

You might peruse the site for ideas that might be useful. This could easily turn into a bi-annual or quarterly swap meet-n-greet-n-eat for all us motorized bicycle types.

This could easily turn into a bi-annual or quarterly swap meet-n-greet-n-eat for all us motorized bicycle types.

You've been transponding brain waves with me haven't ya?? We'll see what the turnout is like for this first "Happenin" & go from there. So far ya'lls responses have been very favorable for an event like this.

In past lives, I have participated in events like this for horse related stuff and SCUBA gear. This should be a winner.

I wouldln't have much to bring,,, 'cept mebbe some bux to spend!

Mr2mch, will you work to spread the word outside of TWT? or keep it more or less "in-house"?

Small steps......baby steps. I don't wanna let this get too big to control right from the get go. Besides... I kinda like the idea of holding this event to benefit TWT (&TWTers).

As we get closer to whatever date you are planning on, would it be a good idea for the one's bringing something to sorta post a list of the items to bring out more buyers and browsers? Just a thought.

Steve

[Quote ROCKMANTX: As we get closer to whatever date you are planning on, would it be a good idea for the one's bringing something to sorta post a list of the items to bring out more buyers and browsers? Just a thought.
Steve]

Hey Steve.... You're thinkin right...

What I was considerin.... Have all folks who are wanting to sell items (or bikes) PM me with their list of offerings so I can pre-register those in my INVENTORY BOOKLET. This would make it much simpler at the door the day of the Happenin. Only a few last minute additions instead of everything that's comin. Now... I do understand if someone wants to handle their own sales completely... & those folks won't need ta send in any detailed info to me....just send a list of items. But if doin so ..please be sure to make a donation to TWT for each thing sold.

A few weeks prior I'll post up a list of items expected (but understanding some might sell beforehand...& that's ok) Ya'll start gatherin up your stuff ...TAG IT with the info I mentioned earlier. Then go ahead & PM me with the info. Some pics of the items might help too. But not too many... just one general pic of all your items laid out if possible. Bike pics can be separate (1ea)

If we stretch this process out a bit....it will be easier to accomplish in smaller bites. (The reason I posted this Event far ahead of the proposed date)

The layout in the showroom can have each type of item grouped together for much easier viewing by prospective buyers. & that's why the INFO TAGS are very important. Or each person can keep their items together instead. Not as organized... but folks might like this layout better...

I'm there just need 2 know when and where ?

Small steps......baby steps. I don't wanna let this get too big to control right from the get go. Besides... I kinda like the idea of holding this event to benefit TWT (&TWTers).

I might have some worthless junk no one would want that I can bring. More interested and shopping than selling.:deal:

IN KEEPIN WITH THE FORUM RULES..... THE LIST OF ITEMS OFFERED FOR SALE WILL BE POSTED ON MY VENDOR THREAD.

http://www.twtex.com/forums/showthread.php?t=75443

I'LL UPDATE THE LIST WITH MORE ITEMS FROM OTHER FOLKS WHICH ARE SENT TO ME VIA PM

Hey ya'll..... While I was at the Sissy's gatherin today... several folks asked me for more info about the Happenin... Here's what I can tell ya.....

I still don't have a firm date yet..but will have it nailed down after the holidays.

I >>DO NEED<< folks ta send me their lists of items to sell if you want me to handle that sale. I'd like to have plenty of time to catalog the items (in smaller chunks) & ask you any questions beforehand so as to NOT have a bottleneck just before the event. I will have my hands full with other details when time gets closer.

I have updated the first post on this thread to include a bit more info about the location & such.

Rest assured.... The simple eats will be TOP NOTCH. The folks providing vittles are well known for their cookery craftiness. Also... If anyone would like to contribute their ideas in the EATS area.... drop me a line.

KEEP IN MIND.... This event is primarily for the TWT family of riders but we will prob have a few other folks join in too. I do have some friends who don't do much on the internet.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
12-14 UPDATE...
ANUTHER WEEK GONE BY
...& I'm still waiting for any kind of response here or via PM/email/phone 2 five for 7 TuTu too OH OH 5
I need to kno who is bringin what????????? I can't have folks waitin till 1 week before the event to contact me.
SEND YOUR SALE ITEM LISTS NOW....whether it's stuff you want me to handle or just a list of stuff you're going to bring & sell yourself. SENDING A LIST DOESN'T MEAN THAT YOU'RE DEFINATELY ATTENDING... ONLY THAT YOU HAVE ITEMS TO SELL. I just need a pre event list to make it easier.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
12-23 UPDATE
IT'S BEEN A MONTH SINCE I POSTED THIS THREAD & STILL NO PM's FROM FORUM MEMBERS WITH THEIR LIST OF ITEMS. I'LL GIVE THIS IDEA TILL JAN 1ST 2014 TO GET SOME PM's WITH LISTS OF ITEMS ....AFTER THAT I CAN'T GUARANTEE I"LL HAVE ENOUGH TIME TO GET EVERYTHING CATALOGED PROPERLY. YA'LL SPEAK UP....

Back