• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Sold - 2006 Triumph Sprint ST 1050 $5,000

Reaction score
First Name
Russell
Last Name
Bowman
SOLD! To SNLSMITH - Hope you enjoy the bike as much as I did. Regards, Russell

For Sale – 2006 Triumph Sprint ST 1050

For sale is my 2006 Triumph Sprint ST 1050 – it is a deep Sunset Red color. I’m an age 50+ rider who takes very good care of my toys and have owned this bike since May 2009. Mileage is approx. 29,000 (purchased from local owner (Dallas, TX) at 12,416 miles) and the mileage will go up as I ride it at least once a month to make sure everything stays working perfectly.

I have ridden this bike from Dallas, TX to the Rocky Mountains and back and also ride at the front of the pack on sport bike rides. Only selling as I’m over age 50 and it is becoming increasingly harder to find other sport bike riders my age to ride with and I now have a GoldWing that handles the long distance touring duties.

Bike is in excellent condition with many brand new parts and upgrades to improve both the touring and sport aspects of this bike.

List of upgrades:

• Brand new lower front fairings on both sides.
• Recent oil change at 27,700 miles – I always use full synthetic oil and change on schedule (Nov 2013).
• New rear tire – Bridgestone BT023 at 27,581 miles (Nov 2013).
• Newer front tire – Michelin Pilot Road 3 at 23,699 miles (Mar 2012) Very good tread left on this tire.
• New chain, both sprockets and all new brake pads at 26,293 miles (Sep 2013). The front sprocket is an 18T vs. the stock 19T which greatly improves mid-range acceleration.
• Rebuilt front forks at 23,674 miles (Feb 2012) with Race Tech internals including progressive rate springs and gold valves. This is a huge improvement in ride quality, handling and cornering ability.
• Rebuilt front brake calipers at 23,674 miles (Feb 2012) with Triumph Daytona 675 coated pistons and all new seals. Brakes were fine and didn’t need a rebuild; however, the performance improvement with the coated pistons is dramatic.
• Zero Gravity double bubble windshield – also comes with the original windscreen.
• Handlebar risers from 2007 which raise the bars to a more comfortable position – also comes with the original 2006 bars.
• Two (2) RAM 1” base mounts on left handle bar pinch bolts. Can be used for radar detector, GPS, cell phone, etc.
• Color matched anodized screws and bolts – I like the look of having it all match. I also put on a color matched front brake reservoir cover and clip.
• Powerlet adapter to charge the battery without having to remove the seat. This is a simple thing but it is so nice. You just plug it in – no having to mess around with the seat or fairings to get to the battery.
• Powerbronze rear hugger.
• Two Brothers exhaust with mid-pipe and custom tune.
• Tail tidy license plate relocater.
• Triumph factory color matched hard bags.
• Triumph tail pack.
• Aftermarket tank bag.
• Gerbing hard wired rheostat temperature controller for heated gear.
• Triumph factory service manual
• Full heavy duty bike cover
• Extra parts include 2nd set of hardware to attach the hard bags, original windshield, original handlebars and stock length cables.

When I’m not riding the bike is in my garage, on the center stand, on the battery tender. And yes it comes with the factory color matched hard bags.

I have a clear, clean title in hand. For those who like to dicker I’m asking $5,500. For those who want the bottom line I’m asking $5,000. More pictures are available at http://rbtx.smugmug.com/2006-Triumph-Sprint

DSC02524-M.jpg

DSC02531-M.jpg

DSC01931-M.jpg

DSC02533-M.jpg

DSC02529-M.jpg

DSC02534-M.jpg

DSC01936-M.jpg

DSC03139-M.jpg

Last edited:
Re: 2006 Triumph Sprint ST 1050 $6,000

Great lightweight sport tourer for sale - I guess it's still a little cold out to do too much riding so it's in the garage on the battery tender just waiting for the next warm day.

Beautiful ride that is well equipped and looks ready to get on the road. GLWS, this is a bike that is on my short list of possibilities for me next steed.

Do you know if the starter sprag clutch has been replaced, and if it was replaced with the beefier later version? I know on the Speed Triple 1050, you want the 2008+ version of it.

Hi Dave, I've not had any problem with it so no it has not been replaced, at least since I've owned it.

It may have already been done, my S3 went bad at 10k miles. You're well into the period where you likely would have had trouble if it was going to go bad.

I've had some questions on other forums so posting the replies here:

- Yes it comes with the factory color matched hard bags in excellent condition.

- Just mailed the check today for the registration renewal.

- I show that I get upper 30's MPG but without having the speedo/odo corrected from the sprocket change it is likely right around 40 MPG.

Hope everyone is enjoying this awesome Spring weather this week!

Last edited:
Re: 2006 Triumph Sprint ST 1050 $5,000

Would you be willing to separate the Triumph tail bag? I already have a Sprint St.

Hi David, not wanting to part anything out just yet. But I'll let you know as the summer gets nearer. Thanks for asking.

Any interest anyone? Getting ready to consign it at European Cycle Sports if it doesn't sell soon.

Just did a Chicago and back trip on mine. Someone buy this.

Give me a couple days to think about it before you consign it.

Give me a couple days to think about it before you consign it.

Erm...whats to think about? :rider:

Buy the thing already. I'll even call the missus for you, to have her give you a pass on this one. :mrgreen:

I'll even call the missus for you, to have her give you a pass on this one. :mrgreen:

OOO OOO Let me listen in on this call PLEASE! This I gotta hear! :rofl:

Sidenote: I think she is on board Steve. Buy the **** thing! :dude:

The couple days was for researching and gathering funds. I DON"T have to ask her for permission* to buy it!!!

* cause she already said I could

EDIT: and I already sent him a PM about going to look at it.

Thursday evening - look it over, start it up
Friday afternoon - hand over cash, take a test ride, get the signed title, go to registration office and put it in my name
Friday evening - pick up the bike
Sat morn - have a blast out on Ida Road. :)

Russell was a great seller to deal with!

Grats on the purchase. Trust me, it knows it's way from South Fort Worth up to Jacksboro along state road 4...

;-)

Back