• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

FS Honda Superhawk 996cc

Reaction score
First Name
Dennie
Last Name
Spears
For sale: 2002 Honda Superhawk 996cc $2500, may add cash and trade for stock Grom
Clear title in hand
1 owner, bought new in 2005
Stock except for APE manual cam chain adjusters, one of the stock ones quit working around 10,000 miles, and the right front blinker is aftermarket.
No mechanical issues
I’m not going to paint a pretty picture of this bike. I don’t want to mislead anyone. I have ridden the bike over Georgia pass in Colorado, a class 3 jeep road. That is why the lower fairing looks newer than the rest of the body work. Also, the header pipe has a small dent from hitting a rock. You can see the dent just below the lower fairing on the right side picture. It has also done numerous track days. That being said, I would ride it on an extended road trip tomorrow.
The APE manual cam chain adjusters weep a little oil around the O-ring seal, enough to be seen but not to run or drip. All 5 APE MCC adjusters that I have owned have done this. They work. That's why I keep buying them.
25,906 miles and counting-I will be riding it to work this week, about 60 to 80 miles total, then won’t ride it for the next week, maybe the next 2 weeks.
Battery less than 1 year old, the third one in 9 years
Tires are Michelin pilot powers-less than 500 miles, but that includes a track day
New brake pads come with the bike-the ones on the bike are OK, but have done several track days.
New rear brake lever, not installed, the one on the bike works just fine and has for several years since my low side at Cresson.
Tags and inspection current, but just barely
Been down 2 times, once in the shop and a low side at the track-it did not go off the pavement and did not flip
What I did at 20,000 miles:
Full tune up-valves checked, but have never needed to be adjusted. Carbs have always needed to be synched about every 7500 miles and will need to be synched again soon. They get about 1.5 cm of mercury out at idle.
Replaced steering head bearings
Replaced chain and sprockets-front down 1 tooth, rear stock
Replaced brake pads
Replaced fork seals and fluid

I brazenly smeared it with white gooey stuff and polished it off.
IMG_6562_zps73700dd9.jpg

IMG_6559_zps4aa59f35.jpg

Front view- the blue dot by the left fork leg is a zombie eye and does not convey.
IMG_6561_zps53af237c.jpg

Back view
IMG_6554_zps9c925977.jpg

Headlight has zigzag scratches, also there is not much difference between low and high beam. Bulb is original
IMG_6565_zpsd34a0375.jpg

Low side damage-fairing stay is slightly bent. Mirrors still line up, but you can tell something is wrong. I’ve been riding it for 5 years since the low side
Front brake lever is slightly bent and ground off
IMG_6547_zps37939331.jpg

Right pipe is bent in slightly, it also has a black mark where someone's front tire hit me from behind and a rubber mark where my boot heel touches. My heel doesn't touch on the left:ponder:
IMG_6549_zpsc4872650.jpg

Scratches on the fairing from the low side at Cresson
IMG_6558_zps8db7318b.jpg

Left front turn signal needs replacement-lens falls off if not taped, I replace the tape every couple of years. It's been there every since the shop tip over when I was doing the 600 mile maintenance. I thought about replacing it, but kept thinking I would wait until I fell again during a track day, hopefully on the left next time. It never happened.
IMG_6566_zpsf79365d6.jpg

Left side fairing is zip tied 2 places on the left side
IMG_6553_zpsf4e548d6.jpg

IMG_6552_zps261837bd.jpg

Scratch on the tank from the tip over in the shop. There is also a small dent that can’t be seen in a picture, but can be found by rubbing your hand along the side of the tank.
IMG_6550_zps35cc7757.jpg

Crack that starts just below the mirror. The crack that runs from the headlight lens to the fairing is supposed to be there.
IMG_6551_zpsa5bf274c.jpg

Tear on the seat. It’s been there several years and doesn’t seem to be getting any bigger.
IMG_6563_zpsefc82342.jpg

Rear tire-the front was installed at the same time as the rear.
IMG_6557_zps500f668c.jpg

Why I’m selling: I found a smoking deal on a 2012 FZ1
P1011064_zps6c8e93af.jpg

Back