• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Camping for Dec. 7 Saturday for Sissys Saddle shop

Reaction score
First Name
Drew
Last Name
Wright
This is a camp-out requested by several TWT riders going to both Lddaves BBQ RTE on Saturday and Sissys the following day. Willis Creek Lake Granger for Saturday night. There is a group area for $50 if ten TWT members come that is five dollars each!!! How many want to come by and set up camp?

The "IN" crowd...................
hardybaker
Hail
KP
euromedic
Gerard
Rockman Tex
thumper tx
Dutchman
swoody126

Not-in-yet campers
Liteitup

Last edited:
In! Just cleared it with the wife. We have no plans on the 7th and I need a shake down camp out on the Tiger!

Okay good news the group site #28 is ours. Reserved for us for December 7th Saturday night. I have never been to this park before so it will be a new for me. Anyone want to have sausage and dogs for dinner? Or are we all dieting? If you can bring something like chips or buns or ???. Let me know so we can plan a campfire meal for all of us. KP

KP just sent me a PM requesting if I could go, but unfortunately I will not be able to make it :(

For one, it's rather far from me considering I would be using my car, and also, that week is final exams week, so I will most likely be up all night each day in front of a computer reviewing each class's exam.

Thank you for the kind offer, KP, but maybe sometime in the next few months when I have my motorcycle and can get out for a couple day's time! :D

Love the idea of the group site, but I'm not in yet. Since my wife may do lunch on Sunday and she doesn't camp then I wouldn't either. If she decides to skip the ride on Sunday then I'm in. I suspect the weather will be the deciding factor for her.

I'm in, praying for some good :sun: weather!

With this selective IN crowd is very tempting to go, but for now, put me in the Not-in-yet group.

From mobile

I am bringing a pot of my spicy queso and some home made wine.

put me in the" interested but not yet committed" category.

I'll sit quietly over here on the Group W bench.

I am bringing a pot of my spicy queso and some home made wine.

Spicy queso and homemade wine? Yee-haw!

I'll bring some sausages...bratwurst sound good? (Too bad my sister divorced her husband, he always had plenty of excellent venison sausage.... is that bad of me?)

Spicy queso and homemade wine? Yee-haw!

I'll bring some sausages...bratwurst sound good? (Too bad my sister divorced her husband, he always had plenty of excellent venison sausage.... is that bad of me?)

Bring the Brats. Ill bring some Bier

Just realized that is the night of the office Christmas party. I'm definitely out. I guess I need to concentrate on making the camping at Hardy's the following weekend.

I am going to try to get there earlier Saturday to set up and check the place out. Trying to get that day off so I can get there before dark thirty. Is anyone bringing fire wood? I will bring sausage and dogs. If somebody can brings some chips that would be cool. KP

I'll bring chips, sturdy ones that can be packed on a motorcycle. If everybody brings three pieces of firewood of mesquite/oak we might have enough for a decent cooking fire. Won't have a pickup loaded with firewood following me this time.

Robert

What an incredible camping spot! We are a strong probable for our first camping trip in about 20 years. Hoping for better weather than I drove through on 84 east of Lubbock Friday night though. :eek2: Any wives camping? We can bring burgers and/or anything else needed. Plates, utensils, condiments, charcoal???

WOW! It just dawned on me. Am I correct in thinking this is a Saturday night only camping event? Is so, what a surprise. Is anyone camping for both nights? Maybe I ought to cut down one of the many dead these is have, since the drought and fire three years ago, and just show-up in the truck. Uncertain as to what to do.

WOW! It just dawned on me. Am I correct in thinking this is a Saturday night only camping event? Is so, what a surprise. Is anyone camping for both nights? Maybe I ought to cut down one of the many dead these is have, since the drought and fire three years ago, and just show-up in the truck. Uncertain as to what to do.

I can only camp Saturday night. If anyone wants to reserve the site for Friday or Sunday that would be fine. If I can talk the better half into coming with me Saturday,she could bring some fire wood in the SUV. If so I will camp in the back of it. Instant camp out space! All Lddaves bbq fans welcome to camp also. KP

Back