• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Breaking a KZ?

Reaction score
i need an oil level switch from an '81 to '84 1000 or 1100 KZ engine. anyone here parting out KZ's or know someone that does?

Not available from Kawasaki? Here is the parts number 27010-1013. I checked and it is available for $25.06. Oops that's an oil pressure switch.

Hmmmm, looked at and '81 KZ1000J, which I'm familiar with. No "oil level switch" just a pressure switch. Give me a VIN# or exact year and model and I can look it up specifically to that bike.

Okay, '81 1000 do not have oil "level" switches. Looked at an '84 GPz1100 and it does. It is no longer available, but was $190. Seems like a tough item to get. Have you examined it and determined why it does not work? Can you just eliminate it and install the oil pressure switch?

having a tough time with $200 + for a switch. was hoping to find a used one if someone was breaking up a KZ. may have to go the e bay route...

oldkawman.com or something like that...

This is just a suggestion. I don't know what bike you need it for, but assuming it's one of the models listed in the cross-ref info above or similar.... If you can't locate an oil level switch, maybe you could use an oil pressure switch instead? ... swapping out the oil cooler fitting for one that accepts the pressure switch? Then you'd have to do some wiring - I have no idea if the pressure switch could operate the oil level gauge in the meters in a useful manner. If there's a suitable indicator light in the meter assy, perhaps it could also serve as the oil pressure warning light? Anyway, just a suggestion.

AmericanClassix.com - Improvement Parts - scroll down for Billet Style Oil Cooler Adapter OCA10J

a member of the zrxoa turned me on to an oil pan that still had the switch in it so i bought it and now waiting for it to arrive. hopefully that switch will be in good shape, the pan only set me back $50. lots better than the one for $200. keep your fingers crossed :)

Personally, I'd go with a pressure switch. I mean really, if the oil is that low, seems logical you have way more problems.

But I can see the need to keep the unit stock.

well my attempt at getting a good used one failed so i broke down and bought the new one on ebay for 210. guess i should have just sucked it up and bought it first and i'd be done by now...

Back