• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Good deal on a ZRX

Hmmmm looks like replacement engine is from a 1100

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

Yeah, the engine is a deal killer for me. What exactly is "refurbished".

Yeah, the engine is a deal killer for me. What exactly is "refurbished".

I spoke with the guy for a few minutes on the phone. He seemed like a honest guy. He told me the original engine went out on him during a ride. Apparently one of the cylinders was starved of oil. The replacement engine was installed by a few guys off of the zrx forum. I don;t know the guy, nor have I seen the bike, but figured if someone was looking...

He bought the bike in Beaumont and about 500 miles later the engine developed a bad knock. I sold him a 2001 1200 engine and helped bolt it in the frame before I had to leave. This was in mid-April and I recall it having a bit over 10k miles on it, so it hasn't been ridden a bunch since then. I don't remember if the guy doing the work did a valve adjust or not but I can ask if anyone is interested.

Regardless its a beauty and a killer deal. Wish I was 1000 miles closer.

If it was a motor from Mitch it was solid for sure, and as for it looking like an
1100 motor most of the 1200 guys get the engine covers powdercoated to get rid of
the 1200 factory bronze look.

I have done a few sets for 1200 guys in our shop

Finally able to post.

Thank's Mitch for clarifying. I do not think a valve adjust has been done yet. I wish I am knowledgeable enough to do it myself. If I were keeping the bike, that is the next in my to-do list.

Valve adjustment on a ZRX is a walk in the park, thank you Kawasaki for making it so easy!
Buy it Kurt! I saw the look in you eyes when you were looking at mine!
Excellent all around general purpose bike, install pods and a battery out kit and you will have enough room under the seat to haul groceries home.
I carry a air compressor and full hard case tire plug kit under my seat.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

There are two low mile ZRXs near me for sale. A red 04 and a green 05. The ZRX has been on my bike bucket list ever since I saw Eddie Lawson at Road America in 83 I think. This is the buying season in the frozen north.

Must resist temptation.:giveup:

Congratulations for getting in to nursing school. I'm Filipino and if I can get a $ for everyone who's told me to become a nurse, I'd probably have enough to buy a brand new 300.

Congratulations for getting in to nursing school. I'm Filipino and if I can get a $ for everyone who's told me to become a nurse, I'd probably have enough to buy a brand new 300.

Well, its my daughter, not me. I'm too close to retirement to start over. ;-)

Nothing good has ever come from the Beaumont area. :rider:

Very good point (not your head this time) :clap:

Finally able to post.

Thank's Mitch for clarifying. I do not think a valve adjust has been done yet. I wish I am knowledgeable enough to do it myself. If I were keeping the bike, that is the next in my to-do list.

Howdy Rey. As Leon said, a valve adjustment is stone simple on a Rex. Something else I just remembered, when I acquired that motor it received new clutch fiber and metal plates and a set of Barnett springs. No reason, just did it. Also a very careful valve adjust.

If anyone local buys it, I'll show them how to do a valve adjustment.:dude:

If no one buys it by the new years, I'm keeping it. I may take you up on that offer.

Back