• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

SOCO 12/08/13

M38A1

Admin
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Spent a couple hours in the cold this evening on South Congress Ave. seeing what I could drum up. What I planned on was crisp temperatures with low humidity so the sky would be crystal clear. What I didn't plan on was the bottom falling out of the temperatures so quickly. About 90min was all I could take for how I was dressed.

First stop was the Congress Ave bridge shooting North.
i-wMsPpQc-XL.jpg

From there, I dropped South a mile or so for Joes Coffee Shop, home of the "I Love You So Much" graffiti/art.
i-Wt6Mgq5-XL.jpg

i-KSLPTND-XL.jpg

And finally, across the street at the Tattoo Shop/Continental Club and tied to a light pole, well..... as they say "only in Austin" will someone have ridden their horse for a beer and live music.
i-cmrggg7-XL.jpg

I really like the photo of the horse. The simplicity of the horse and saddle really contrasts with the night-life, and if you hadn't said that it was in Austin the location could have been many places in the world.

I like the burro image. This picture contrast to it's modern surrounding was amusing. You have a very good eye for composition. A "what to do in Austin" portal might like this $picture$ in order to promote the more eclectic side of the city.

RB

Back