• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Who wants to be crazy in January?

Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Last Name
Squires
I will not be able to host a Crazy Bob Pie Run campout this month (By the way, I don't know where the Crazy Bob title came from)

Soo, we need someone to step up and put together a January pie run campout. It can be a just plane crazy campout.

Do you have what it takes to be crazy and put one together for this month?

I'm 99% sure I'm out... Unless I find a moment from work, or which I might swing buy for a brew @ camp.

Sent by my NSA monitored Verizon Galaxy Nexus.

I'm pretty flexible. Let's pick out a weekend and I'll cook a Wagyu brisket and some other stuff. Hill Country Resort and Event Center is where I base camp. I have all the necessary cooking stuff there. Highway 16 south of Kerrville, about 6 miles north of Medina. They have a pecan grove where they put tent camping groups, close to the Medina river. Showers and clean restrooms. $10 per tent. $30 per day rv sites. If January doesn't work I'm definitely in for February.

Last edited:
calling k~p!! right up his alley!

Not sure yet if I can get off that Saturday to find a spot let me check if we can have time off or not. Our busy season is right at the threshold and soon there will be no days off except Sunday. Will know here fairly soon.

Has a pie run camp out been organized for the Hico pie run?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

For those interested, I will be camping at Meridian State Park Saturday night. I will ride directly to the Pie Run and then head to the park to set up camp.

All are welcome!

Safe travels,
TTR

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

Umm, I wonder if it's still too cold to make another attempt at Sea Rim State park via the deserted coast line??

On the other hand, I'm also considering a trip to Baja instead.

Hmmmm that sea spray could be lethal in these temps... At least there wouldn't be machines overheating.. I miss riding. All my bikes have been parked since early November...

Sent by my NSA monitored Verizon Galaxy Nexus.

Umm, I wonder if it's still too cold to make another attempt at Sea Rim State park via the deserted coast line??

On the other hand, I'm also considering a trip to Baja instead.

i have been following another thread that has some information on this subject

there seems to be a contingency of LEOS, down there, that consider riding down that stretch of beach a ticketable offense :eek2:

any more than that..., i don't understand all i don't understand about it

here is the link to the thread

http://www.twtex.com/forums/showthread.php?t=91535&highlight=sabine+pass

your Q as to IS IT STILL TOO COLD? is a good one

A = might be±

for now, consider me

:popcorn:

sw

Steve, my understanding is that the issue was if your vehicle needed to be street legal or not. Did I miss something from that thread?

quite possible i mist somethin

i gotz a bad habit of skimming, 2 often

i will go back & re-read

give me sumthin 2do in this 17º weather

thx

sw

Don't count on me to put something together for February either.

I have to have another foot surgery early March and then I will sportIng a cast again and unable to do much riding this spring. So, before I let that happen, I'm thinking I'll go on a long trip somewhere and Needville may not be my destination.

If, however, someone else puts something together I may attend, I just don't want the responsibility that may limit my options.

So, who wants to be crazy in February?

It's a four hour and a half hour ride from Zephyr, so I'm camping Friday night. Only Stephan F. Austin has open campsites on the weekend, so...that's where I have my reservations.

Robert

Too far for us to justify going for this one.

Sent from Cheyenne Mountain to confuse the NSA

The weather looks pretty good for camping, so I'll be at Meridian State Park Friday and Saturday nights. Motorcycle is still not repaired yet, so I'll be using a cage for transportation. (I finally acquired a replacement monoshock a few weeks ago, but haven't had the time to install it.) :(

It's a four hour and a half hour ride from Zephyr, so I'm camping Friday night. Only Stephan F. Austin has open campsites on the weekend, so...that's where I have my reservations.

Robert

Feb pie run Friday night? I am taking that Friday off so I can camp out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

The weather looks pretty good for camping, so I'll be at Meridian State Park Friday and Saturday nights. Motorcycle is still not repaired yet, so I'll be using a cage for transportation. (I finally acquired a replacement monoshock a few weeks ago, but haven't had the time to install it.) :(

Which weekend are you talking about? You know that the pie run is in needville right?

Back