• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Needville Pie Run, unofficial camping thread

Zephyr

Reaction score
A pie run camp out can hardly be official without Bob but some of us will need to camp that weekend perhaps without our legendary camp leader.

My search of State campgrounds around Needville was fruitless except for Stephan F. Austin. Several days ago they had 38 open campsites.

As I posted on the pie run thread: "Reservation made for Stephan F. Austin, Friday and Saturday nights. Thank goodness for pie runs. Once a month excuses for camping."

Since others probably know the area than better this West Texas native, I'll change to a better camp ground if the consensus goes that way.

Robert

The wife and I will be camping at Stephen F Austin SP on Friday, if you see the yellow VFR that's us. We'll be in one of the Electric & Water sites.

This will only be our second time moto camping and it would be great to meet you more experienced riders and check out your setups if you guys wouldn't mind.

Saturday we are camping at Brazos Bend SP. It's a little closer to a side trip the wife and I have planned after the Pie Run to ride the Bluewater Highway from Surfside Beach to Galveston. It's also a little more convenient to hit 35 from there and head home on Sunday.

thanks for the thread. how about those camping list your site numbers so others can try to book near by. i wont now for sure if i can join till closer to the date.

thanks for the thread. how about those camping list your site numbers so others can try to book near by. i wont now for sure if i can join till closer to the date.

My reservation was made online and it doesn't list a site number. They aren't answering the phone today but I'll try and find out my site number tomorrow. I actually signed up for a screened shelter since it has electricity. An electric heater is a luxury in the winter. Two tents are allowed per screened shelter site, so I'll be happy to share my site with another camper.

Robert

We have been camping at TX state parks for years and unless things have changed recently which is possible, specific sites are not reservable.

Campsite selection is on a first come first served basis, reservations only guarantee the type of site ( water only, water & electric, water/electric/sewer, screened shelter, ect.) and not the specific campsite #.

I think I will get in on this. Friday and Saturday nights...if you don't mind Zephyr I would like to share that screened in spot with you. If it hasn't already been claimed?

I think I will get in on this. Friday and Saturday nights...if you don't mind Zephyr I would like to share that screened in spot with you. If it hasn't already been claimed?

You got it, glad I'll be able to share it. I won't know which one it is until I arrive. As stated above, I wasn't able to reserve a specific site. If I get off by mid morning, I should be at the park office by three. What time are you on planning arriving?

Robert

Last edited:
You got it, glad I'll be able to share it. I won't know which one it is until I arrive. As stated above, I wasn't able to reserve a specific site. If I get off by mid morning, I should be at the park office by three. What time are you on planning arriving?

Robert

I can probably get there about 330 or 4 Friday afternoon. Should I reserve a spot in the shelters as well or pay for it when I get there?

I can probably get there about 330 or 4 Friday afternoon. Should I reserve a spot in the shelters as well or pay for it when I get there?
Just pay for your entrance fee at the office and tell them you are camping at my (Robert Jennings) shelter site. I'll pay for both days when I arrive. We can split the cost later. The forecast looks to be decent but a chance of a few showers. The shelter may be handy. I wanted it for the electricity. Since my daughter will be driving, I should have enough firewood for both nights. Looking forward to this trip and warmer weather.

Robert

Just pay for your entrance fee at the office and tell them you are camping at my (Robert Jennings) shelter site. I'll pay for both days when I arrive. We can split the cost later. The forecast looks to be decent but a chance of a few showers. The shelter may be handy. I wanted it for the electricity. Since my daughter will be driving, I should have enough firewood for both nights. Looking forward to this trip and warmer weather.

Robert

Awesome, thanks. See you there.

Is this the Park just north of I10 East of 36 on the Brazos?

weather looking dryer and warmer! I will think about you guys while I am kicked back on a comfortable bed watching Tv from my Tee Pee!:mrgreen:

I am out for Friday night and officially a maybe for Saturday. I will be at the pie run regardless.

Just reserved a tent spot for Saturday night at Stephen F Austin SP...... SpiritAtBay will also attend the camping festivities as well. Thinking of Saturday night with 'y'all, then head over to Columbus to the VFD fundraiser oyster lunch....

Not sure where we'll be in the park, but it's a standard campsite/water only.

Good after Pie Run visit with the campers.

From mobile

Back